Do You Have This Toad ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UK-RV

Hi Guys,

As the base plate for the car we will buy is probably specific to that car, we are now likely to ship the car to the UK as well as the RV.

So, is there anyone out there who tows a small car WITH AMBER TURN INDICATORS ?

Whilst changing the lights on the RV is "fairly" straight-forward, those on the car are likely to be more problematic.

This is why we would want to buy a "UK friendly" car in the first place.

Thanks
Paul

We tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it has the amber turn lights.  I believe the Jeep Liberty does too.  Another advantage of the jeeps they require no modifications except adding the towbar baseplate and hooking up the lights.  Towing instructions are in the owners manual, milage does not rack up while towing, and there are no speed or milage restrictions when towing.  Some of the other vehicles require you stop and run the engine and shift the transmission every 200-300miles.

Ron

Would you have any idea what a 2005 Jeep, with 10,000 miles, would cost ?

Lazydays have offered us one at $18,000.

Thanks
Paul

PS - anyone else tow a car with AMBER turn indicators front AND rear ?

Paul,

Need to know what model?  Grand Cherokee Laredo, or Limited?  Jeep Liberty?  Jeep Wrangler?

You can check average prices at http://www.nada.com .  you will need the zip code for the Lazy days area.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Our Chevy suburban toad has amber turn lights front and back. But it weighs 7,000 lbs (3,500 Kg) and is more car than you probably want to tow or take back to the UK.

Paul,

Our Grand Vitara is small and has amber signal lights. Easy to tow and quite adequate for the small roads in the UK. Not sure how it would feel in the mountains of Europe but the Grand Cherokee was qute a chore to drive due to the many switchbacks. The GV might be easier.

If you're talking the signal lights on the fenders, the GV doesn't have that and neither does the Jeep. However some Grand Cherokees are already wired for those lights. The GV might be but I'm not sure.

It is a 2005 Jeep Liberty. 10,000 miles.  Real nice vehicle.

Whether it is a good vehicle for a toad or not, I don't know.  It is already set up for towing so far as I know. 

I think the Jeep Liberty would be a great toad.  The 2WD Jeeps are not towable so make sure it 4WD.
Sounds like the one at Lazy Days is all set up and ready to go.  I think that would be a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom