Yuma, AZ Park Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandysue

We are heading for Yuma, AZ for a 5 week stay; any suggestions for a park?  Planning on arriving Dec 14th.  We need a "big rig" park because of 40' rig.  Any suggestions & experiences would be appreciated.  Thanks.  Sandy

Sandy,

There are SO Many RV Parks in Yuma.  What kind of ammenities are you looking for?  A big park with lots of activities or one with golf  or  a smaller park or what?  Those clues  might help with a recommendation.

Hey Betty.
You are right, more info would be helpful.  Three years ago we stayed @ Westwind; but, we were not pleased--management was rude.  Two years ago we stayed @ Bonita Mesa.  It was a great little park; but, it was really tight for a 40' with close neighbors. 

For this year I tried the Palms; they could not accommodate us because of the 5 week stay--said that was their busy time of the year & they needed 1 month or 2 month stay exactly.  That seemed weird; but if they are full they can be particular.  We are presently in Kerrville,TX @ Guadaloupe RV Resort (hill country) for one month & one of our neighbors suggested Del Pueblo (I have not called them yet).  By the way, this is a great place to stay.

We like the Foothills area of Yuma.  It is nice having a pool, place to ride bikes & security is important.  We have our own internet w/Verizon & have our own tv satellite dish on the roof (do not need their service).  We generally do not join in on other activities.  We enjoy sitting outside, visiting with neighbors & soak in the sun (we are from MI--snow country).  Our activities are tourist type of visiting in the area we stay at.  We are going on a 15 day cruise out of Los Angeles (flying from Yuma) & will be informing the park that our rig will be empty for that period of time.

We always like to ask suggestions of RV resorts from people who actually stay there--Woodall's, etc are great; but personal experience is better.  Sorry if I got wordy.

I've been doing Zumba classes at Sun Vista RV Resort.  It is a huge  gated park with lots of activities , indoor/ and outdoor pools.  Many Park Models but  it looks like a nice place.
Forum members Ed and Donna also spent the winter last year at Fortuna De Oro and may have comments about them.  They are further out in the Foothills.  Hopefully others will chime in.
We live in Yuma Foothills but have never stayed in any RV Park here as we had a lot and  now a home here.  Good luck in search and  let us know when you arrive.

Betty

Back
Top Bottom