1974 23' prowler remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyB.

I bought this TT the other day for $500, Someone had ripped out everything. fridge,stove,sink,converter,pump,all wiring. I have been a cabinet maker for 13 years and do not think I will have any trouble on that end but when it comes to electrical, will definitely need some help :) I have never owned or even stayed in a TT before and since this one has nothing in it to go by. I have a lot of reading and learning to do. So any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. There is a ton of work to be done on this TT and with my time availability, this project could take a few months. I will keep posted..

Attachments

• tt1.jpg
    tt1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • tt2.jpg
    tt2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • tt3.jpg
    tt3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • tt4.jpg
    tt4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • tt5.jpg
    tt5.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • tt6.jpg
    tt6.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • tt7.jpg
    tt7.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • tt8.jpg
    tt8.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
more pics

Attachments

• tt9.jpg
    tt9.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
  • tt10.jpg
    tt10.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • tt11.jpg
    tt11.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
Hello JoeyB:

You are in for tons of fun.  The rebuild should be fun and when it is finished you will get a lot of pleasure using it.  Take a look at some TT brochures, you should be able to find lots of them on line.  This will give you some ideas. 

It was a wise choice coming here too.  Our membership is large, knowledgeable, and we love to help.  Lots of folks here have either remolded or are still in the process. 

We have a lot of fun discussing various aspects of RVs and RVing, and sometimes even totally unrelated topics.  Join us and you will soon have friends who share a passion for RVing.

Click on ABOUT above to learn more about how the forum can be of benefit. 

Welcome to The RV Forum.  We are pleased that you have found us.

I do not think I can make it threw it without you guy's so glad to hear it. hahaha  Thanks

Hi JoeyB, looks like a fun project, as far as electrical...did they take out the inverter? If that is still there that will be half the battle, you should be able to tell what is 12 volt usually they used single wire to each accessory, and 110V is usually Romex or 3 wire in one casing like home wiring. Do some research and see if you can come across a schematic, maybe at a dealer or on-line. It's not as bad as you might think.

Oh my....I envy you!  I really enjoy doing that kind of demo/rebuild!  Just don't have the space now to do something like you are doing.  Please, please keep us up to date with lots of pix.

I am just finishing up the same thing on a 1992 Prowler V22. I would give you one piece of advice - start with the roof. Make sure it is completely water proofed and all the seams are secure. It sucks to get things rebuilt and find water dripping after a storm. Ask me how I know.  :mad:

Doug

Joey

Just picked up a 1979 Terry 20 ft and gutted it completely. This weekend I tore the back wall out metal and all, it had alot of water damage.  The wall was angled and my plan was to put it back straight. My plan is to replace the roof, fix all the rot and then install the metal with fiberglass.
I am looking for a floor plan that works for me. I am changing everything in and out, going as far as cutting the tung off and adding a 4ft flat bed to carry a golf cart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cakes09
Back
Top Bottom