Centurion CS 1200 Power Converter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kirbybj

HI, I have a 1999 Dutchmen 801D. This year I went camping and most of my electrical worked. What did not work is my refrig and one outlet near the refrig. I have a Centurion CS 1200 Power Converter, is it possible for part of the Centurion CS 1200 Power Converter to fail? I have checked all the fuses and none of them are blown.
If so where would I get a new one or are they repairable?
Thanks so much.
Betty Kirby

Fuses are used on the 12 volt D.C. lines.  The 120 volt AC outlets will be protected by a circuit breaker so see if any of those have tripped.

Sometimes you have to look really close at the circuit breakers because the handle may only move a small amount when it trips.  If in doubt, turn the breaker Off then On to reset it.

Also look around for a GFI outlet that may have tripped.  Many times the manufacturer will daisy-chain additional AC outlets downstream of a single GFI.  The downstream outlets are protected by the GFI and it will shut off the power to them if it trips.

Your CS 1200 handles both 120vac and 12vdc via one box. Yes, you could have a problem with the 120vac and not 12vdc, but the likley cause of one set of outlets not working is simply a tripped circuit breaker. The mini-breakers in the CS 1200 are hard to check visually, so reset them all to be sure.

Here is a source for replacements, if you should need one:
http://americandirect.ibuilder.com/Power-Converter-Descriptions.html

Back
Top Bottom