Replacing shower with bathtub.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wincom6

Replacing shower with bathtub.

Hello,  I was just wondering if anyone installed  a small bathtub in the shower space. I would like to hear of your experience and see before and after pictures if you have any. (Or your opinion of the feasibility of this project).    My wife would love to have a tub.  Our previous RV had one and she really misses it. We have a 32? 2005 Georgetown.  Thank you for your advice.

Our son upgraded a truck camper and in the process replaced most of the appliances and fixtures. Talking to him he searched Goggle for "RV bathtubs" and came up with many different types and sizes. He indicated that the hardest part was trying to match the plumbing (water faucets and drain) without redoing existing plumbing. He thought the price was reasonable, less than three hundred dollars for him.

You may want to measure the size you have (distance between the walls, not the inside width within the enclosure) and determine drain and faucet locations. Some of the sites I visited provided good measurements and other sites only provided basic measurements.

Hope this provides a starting point for your decision process.

- Jim and Nancy

I am sure unless you don't like very hot baths, 6 to 10 gallons of hot water will not go very far.

geodrake said:
I'm guessing a larger water heater may be needed too.

Most RV's either have a 6 gallon or 10 gallon hot water heater. I have heard of a 12 gallon hot water heater.

We had a 10 gallon DSI hot water heater in our NewMar 5th wheel, and we never had issues with running out of hot water unless we stood there and let it run out. My wife would take a normal shower, when she was finished, I would wait five minutes and I would take my shower.  We have a 10 gallon now in our motor home and we still don't have an issue.

I have heard of "Instant" Electric tankless hot water heaters but have never met anyone who had one, so I'm not sure how well they really work.

- Jim and Nancy

Thank you for all your replies to my request for information.  I just don?t have the confidence to undertake such a difficult job so I guess my wife will just need to continue to take showers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom