.php extension

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

I notice that the address to get to this bb ends with .php.  I've seen that elsewhere.  Could someone explain what file type that is?  Thanks.

--pat

Pat

You've probably seen many web page addresses ending in .htm or .html, which tells you they were generated using the html language. PHP is a scripting language used for Web development and can have HTML embedded into it.

I used to know what the h-t-m and l stood for.  Any idea what the p-h and p stand for?  I'll need to google this and see if I can learn a little.  Thanks.

--pat

Click here. This is the closest I've found to the answer to your question Pat.

BTW just noticed the awful spelling in my prior message. Hope it made some sense.
[edit]Updated link.[/edit]

Tom said:
This is the closest I've found to the answer to your question Pat.

Tom

Maybe I'm too obtuse or you are too subtle ;D ;D ;D, but I had to read your message 3 times before I recognized the underscore below "THIS" to be the link. Is there some way of making links more clear? ???

I got the underlined "this" link right away, because I've seen the technique before.  Next time you see something underlined like that, you'll be used to it. 
--pat

Oh my Bernie, I and others have posted numerous messages here with links identified like that. Does that mean you missed them all?

Tom said:
Oh my Bernie, I and others have posted numerous messages here with links identified like that. Does that mean you missed them all?

Tom

No, I think I got all of the others. I think the issue was the syntax of the sentence with the link being the first word and that specific word automatically sent me looking to the end of the sentence for the link. I know it is somewhat difficult for you Weshmen to understand the English language but we'll forgive you  ;D ;D ;D

LOL Bernie, I might have to enable Welsh on this forum. If I did that it would really confuse you.  :)

Back
Top Bottom