Rv rallys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landtrv

I am a new rv owner and have been told to attend a rally to learn more about my unit.  I have a 2010 Fleetwood Terra 34B and live in Columbus Ohio.  Does anybody know of a rally next year close to Columbus OH.

I suggest you check out the FMCA, Escapees, and even Good Sam.  They all have rallies all over the country and some will certainly be in your area.  Don't restrict your search to just the Ohio area as the advantage of the RV is you can travel anywhere to attend a rally, time permitting, of course.

In addition to those organizations Ned mentioned, check to see if they are having chapter outings near you.  Each state has several chapters of these orgs. and these chapters have weekend outings.  Probably not during the winter in Ohio, but they may have monthly dinner meetings where you can meet and greet like RVers.  You don't have to commit immediately.  Check out several to see where you might best fit in.  These orgs. also have state, regional and national rallies, usually from March to Oct.  Again, don't feel you have to commit to any of them.  Go as a visitor.  We've belonged to the FMCA and Good Sam orgs. for 16 years and just last month joined a GS chapter.  ;) 

Belonging to a group is sometimes more advantageous than winging it alone, and many lifelong friendships are born from these groups and their outings. 

Daisy

Since you have a Fleetwood coach, the Fleetwood Motorhome Owners Association may be of interest to you. Their rallys are specific to Fleetwoods, so more focused on your needs.

I'm not sure that attending a rally will teach you a lot about your coach, though. They are fun and often have informative seminars on various topics, but they are not a general education experience. You can probably learn a lot more right here (especially since its nearing winter in Ohio). Hang in here for the winter and you will gain a lot of insights.

If your Terra is on a workhorse chassis, they are having their 2011 fall rally in Ohio. Fleetwood is having theirs in fall in WV, not far at all; http://www.fleetwoodclub.org/events/2011/2011-09-12-NARV-National.html .

You can google "rv rally 2011" and find all kinds of good info on rallies. We enjoy rallies because we meets lots of wonderful people that we know we have at least one thing in common (rving, of course).

Enjoy!
Dar

You might check out the Good Sam Clubs and look at their Chapters in Ohio.  They will show you where the chapter's are and when they hold rallies called Samborees.  Usually there are 2 held in each state every year.  They will have a list of all the states rallies.  The Chapters in Tennessee camp 1 time a month from March to November.  They have dinner meetings the other months at a rest.  Food is always on the menu.  If you need any help PM me.

Dar said:
If your Terra is on a workhorse chassis, they are having their 2011 fall rally in Ohio.
Enjoy!
Dar

Would you give me a link to the info for the Fall Workhorse rally in Ohio.

-Tom

Tom N said:
Would you give me a link to the info for the Fall Workhorse rally in Ohio.

-Tom

Mine is on a workhorse and would also like the web address of the rally in ohio

The information should reside at this address some time after the April California rally is over; http://www.workhorse.com/Default.aspx?tabid=88.

If you are not already a member of the Workhorse Chassis club then you need to join in order to attend the rally. They are also a chapter of FMCA so you need to be a member of them as well.

My understanding from the previous Workhorse newsletter is the 2011 Eastern rally is suppose to be held August 1st through the 5th. We have attended 2 of them and find them to be informative and fun. Hope to see you all there!  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom