Getting rid of a window in 36 foot coachmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tripic

OK I bought this 5Th wheel under the impression it was in good shape. turns out i had several nasty leaks so i gutted it re did subfloor and walls put in laminate flooring but I'm still having problem with the wall in the bedroom area it has one of the windows that sits above your head and the pp that owed it before us ran screws through the cover for that window so now instaed of being able to just reseal that window I'm trying to figure out how i can just get rid of it any ideas.

A window above my head would be a skylight, but I suspect that's not what you a talking about. I don't understand, 1. What the window cover is, and 2, how running screws through it would preclude re-sealing it. Maybe a few pictures would help us to answer your question.

I'm a bit at loss too, as to why the screws are a major problem. Can't they be removed and sealed, or sealed around the screws with a bedding compound or similar?

If you want to get rid of the window entirely, I guess you could remove the window and fabricate a frame (or use the old window frame) and build at solid panel to fit it instead of glass. The windows usually are fairly easy to remove, typically some screws through the metal frame is all, though maybe the caulk under the frame will need to be pried loose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom