Radio?AV receiver switch in 2002 American Eagle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dukenrock

I have a switch located on the left side of the factory TV cabinet that allows me to play the dash radio through the surround speakers.  When it is in the dash radio mode the speakers, including subwoofer, all work fine.  When I switch it to the AV side, the surround sound doesn't work properly.  I never realized this until yesterday when I was pulling out the components to upgrade the TV.  The center speaker and sub wasn't working at all.  I haven't been able to locate where the 2 wires go (From the switch) that makes the dash radio play over the speakers.  Is anybody familiar with this?

There are a couple of posibilities.. I will go down a list
First: Since everything works on "Dash" I have to assume all the speakers and all the wires from the switch to the speakers are good.. That's the good news

Now the bad news

List of suspects:

1: Home theater system... I mean if you have a dead channel or 2 it (they) won't work.
2: Switch itself
3: Wires between 1 and 2

Now, in regard to #2.. That switch may actually BE the switch,, or there may be a relay somewhere that does the magic.. If it's the switch there may be an easy "Fix"

With everything shut off, I mean EVERYTHING, don't even have your inverter on or shore power plugged in or generator running.

Flip the switch 50-100 times back and forth.

Then try

Many switches of this type are "Self Cleaning" and if left in one position too long one side or the other has corrosion build up a bit.. Doing this will often wipe it off and restore function.. I have had this trick work TWICE so far.. And considering the cost of trying it (Roughly $0.00) it's worth a try.. If it don't work your FREE is hereby cheerfully refunded :)

We have a surround sound system in our coach.  On it we have a choice as to which speakers (mode ie: hall, talk, live etc) the sound will play through, so I can have, say, the front speakers working, or the back, or all of them (5 plus a woofer).  Is it possible you have a setting on the AV component itself that is not letting the sound come through all the speakers?

Marsha~

Thanks for the feedback.  I know that the wires from the radio are connected ok since everything works.  I know the switch is good as it does control the function either on or off for the radio and AV receiver.  I thing the culprit is wherever the wires are going to.  Some sort of relay makes the connections from the radio output wires over to the speakers or the AV unit to the speakers.  I know the channels on the receiver are good because I have tested each channel from the receiver.  I'll try to find the "Relay"  Thanks again for the help!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom