Solve the Mystery: What is missing from this JAYCO 26 RKS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2driver

Ok first post here!!! :)

I found a nice 26 Jayco at auction but is was missing the sofa in the slide - no big deal. HOWEVER, there is a wire loom that was connected to something and I have no idea what it could have been connected to. All the stereo and TV stuff is on the other side and there is no indication that anything was mounted to the wall nearby.

Any guesses are welcome, thanks!

Attachments

• DCP_6330.jpg
    DCP_6330.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 119
  • DCP_6329.jpg
    DCP_6329.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 120
Looks like where the slide's 12 volt and 120 volt circuits (12 volts for lights, 120 volts for outlets) transition from the in-slide wiring to the coiled jumper that provides power from the trailer.  Since it was hidden under the sofa, it was acceptable to leave the 12 volt splices unprotected.  But now that's it's out in the open, put it in another box like the one used for the 120 volt circuits. 

Look under the slide and see if there's a spring coiled wire going from there to the trailer.

Thanks, the open wire loom follows right along with the 120 loom ( coming out of the silver box)  outside and along the slide's retracable arm and back under the coach.

CAn you tell me what exactly was connected to the open wires and is it a costly ordeal? I assume something or eveything in the trailer is not going to be working correctly if left as is and covered up?

Thanks tons for your help. The repo auction is tommorow and I am in a jam trying to figure this out before bidding live.  :-\

I would not assume that something won't work. Unused connectors like that are fairly common in hidden recesses on RVs. They are for features that are not installed or are used in other floor plans that might have things located in a different spot.

You could try to contact Jayco and ask what it may have been, or hope that another Jayco 26RKS owner sees this and gives a clue.

I don't know on your Jayco, but on our Dutchmen the couch has an inflatable queen size matress.  The inflation motor is hooked into a loom similar to that.

It looks like the mystery black and white wires are tied together?  If so, they either went to a switch or are unused.  Like Gary, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Worst case you could disconnect them from each another and see what stops working.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom