Anybody own one? Panasonic Lumix DMZ-ZS7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrontrangeRVer

I'm looking to buy (or get for Christmas) a Panaxonic Lumix ZS7 camera.  These are one of the highest rated point and shoots out there with a long zoom.  Anybody own one of these or have comments about these?  I'm not interested in a big bulky SLR.

Mark, we bought a Lumix DMC ZS5 last spring.  We had narrowed it down to a Nikon or Cannon DSLR entry model when we left here last fall.  We figured sale prices would drop them to a can't resist.  But everytime we looked we never could get over the size and weight, plus the need for no less than 2 lenses.
    Our picture taking basically are snap shots of people, or scenery, so we started looking around and found the Lumix.  It fits neatly in my pocket, yet has a 12 times zoom, plus another 4 times digital, giving you over a 55 to 200 lens.  To this point, we are very satisfied with our choice, and to our initiated eyes, they are equal to those taken by our kids one has a Nikon and the other a Cannon DSLRs.
    However, I'm sure those photography buff on the forum will tell you otherwise.  And remember, I only scored in the mid thirties on Tom's colour test, so I don't have the greatest matching abilities.

Ed

Thanks for the reply Ed!

I see that the only difference in the ZS5 and the ZS7 is the HD video capabilities of the ZS7, so I see the ZS5 as a very good point and shoot.  We would also be interested in the 720 HD video, hence the ZS7 is high on our list of wants.

Well, I own one..  but it's still in the box, and it will become Rosemary's on Christmas morning.  ;)  But I saw the same specs you and Ed mention and it looks really good.  Plus it has excellent "shutter lag" characteristics which is a pet peeve of hers.  Good luck!  ...  Steve

I have owned two different Lumix point and shoot cameras and found them both to be excellent. The ZS7 appears to be a very capable camera with all the bells and whistles a modern camera usually comes with. There are almost 300 user reviews on Amazon and it averages 4.5 stars. Amazon user reviews are where I always go to get the real lowdown on any thing I am purchasing. I start by clicking on the 1 star reviews and reading all of them.

Thanks for the replies guys!  And thanks Tom for the feedback.....I know you are a photography fan.  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom