QZ 2006 rally pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of photos of the rally from the "back" side.

• North side rigs.
  • South side rigs.

Attachments

• North_rear.jpg
    North_rear.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 77
  • South_rear.jpg
    South_rear.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 72
A couple of photos from the Golf Outing  yesterday at Emerald Canyon in Parker AZ. Course was awesome, in both views and difficulty, as you can see from the photo of Pete teeing off.

Photo of Ron on rocks, was typical of what all four of us encounted more than once during the day!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• PeteTeeingoff.jpg
    PeteTeeingoff.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 61
  • ronrocks.jpg
    ronrocks.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 63
Here's a few photos taken during the rally.

The first is a shot of the Girl's praying to Ron Ruward for a treat.  No. 2 is a group of us that went on the Ridge Run on Thursday.  We are having out lunch.  The Third shot is sunrise on Thursday.  There have been few clouds this year which has limited the sunrise and sunset photos.

Attachments

• Girls looking to Ron for a treat (Small).jpg
    Girls looking to Ron for a treat (Small).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Ridge Road Group on Thursday (Small).jpg
    Ridge Road Group on Thursday (Small).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Sunrise at QZ on Thursday (Small).jpg
    Sunrise at QZ on Thursday (Small).jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 66
Tornados at Quartzsite  ???

I almost missed this one - it was starting to break up by the time I snapped the photo. Maybe Bob Z got a better shot.

Attachments

• twister.jpg
    twister.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 71
O.K. Folks.  The two Panorama Shots attached will show you almost all the people attending.  A few of the coaches are hidden behind others, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• QZ Pano on North Side (Small).jpg
    QZ Pano on North Side (Small).jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 72
  • QZ Pano on South Side (Small).jpg
    QZ Pano on South Side (Small).jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 62
"Tornados at Quartzsite "

Tom,

Term we use in Texas for the small ones "Rattlesnake Fart" ;D

Photos from today's potluck:

• Chow line.
  • Busy eating.
  • Roof photographer (where's the pics?).
  • Arial photgrapher.

Attachments

• Chow_line.jpg
    Chow_line.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 74
  • potluck2.jpg
    potluck2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Roof_photographer.jpg
    Roof_photographer.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Arial_photographer2.jpg
    Arial_photographer2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Betty draws the winning number.
  • Ken is a winner, Wally & Terry look on.
  • Jan is a winner.

Attachments

• Betty_raffle_draw.jpg
    Betty_raffle_draw.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Ken_wins.jpg
    Ken_wins.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 55
  • Jan_wins.jpg
    Jan_wins.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 56
A better photo of the li'l twister at QZ, snapped by Pete Harpin.

Attachments

• twister_Pete.jpg
    twister_Pete.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 60
A couple more photos from Pete - taken from the roof of his rig. Note I've taken some liberty with cropping the images.

Attachments

• waiting_for_chow.jpg
    waiting_for_chow.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Chow_line.jpg
    Chow_line.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 54
  • rigs.jpg
    rigs.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 56
The party's over..it's time to bid you adieux

But what a party it was.

1. Picture taken by paraglider
2. Party is over.

Attachments

• Paragliderpix.jpg
    Paragliderpix.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Partyover.jpg
    Partyover.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 67
We're back in Colorado. It's 40 degrees. There's snow on the ground. I have six loads of wash to do and a motorhome to unload. Damn, I wish I was back in Quartzsite.

Wendy

wendycoke said:
We're back in Colorado. It's 40 degrees. There's snow on the ground. I have six loads of wash to do and a motorhome to unload. Damn, I wish I was back in Quartzsite.

Wendy

Was good seeing you and Mike again.  Maybe I shouldn't tell you that we are suffering with high temp of 75 on Monday and it is forcast to be 78 by Thursday.  Oh did I mention we haven't had any snow yet in Yuma ??? :D ;D

Wendy:

Wind this morning was 25-30mph and the dust was really blowing so your timing wasn't too bad. 8) 8) 

We are down to seven coaches tonight. Weather is warm and improving - we are all meeting for sausage soup tonight compliments of Karl.

We'll be thinking of you all (and talking about you.) ;D ;D

It was a great week!

Gee only got to 76 today here at the Ranch in Yuma.  Had a short spell of winds up to 17 mph but didn't last long and wasn't bad at all.  Of course SEVERE CLEAR prevailed with no chance of improvement. ;D ;D

I think maybe Mike and Windy headed the wrong direction. ;D ??? ??? ;D :D ;)

wendycoke said:
We're back in Colorado. It's 40 degrees. There's snow on the ground. I have six loads of wash to do and a motorhome to unload. Damn, I wish I was back in Quartzsite.Wendy

Wendy,
I took 7 loads of laundry to laundramat today.  Washed sheets , comforter, rugs , blankets and anything that was near a campfire.  Used my new miracle coth to clean mirrors windows. doors . steps, scrubbed trash cans.  Used lots of water.  Such a treat!!!  Beautiful weather in Yuma and the car still needs a wash. I do wish Quartsite some moisture to keep the dust down.  Where else would we enjoy sitting around with our feet dangling in the dust?
Betty

Daisy and I stopped at Gila Bend AFB on the way to Sierra Vista and home.  At every step on the motorhome rugs - the dust fluffed up.  Daisy spent the afternoon and evening vacuuming every thing.  At home the washer and dryer has been going steady for two days.  Got up on the roof of the Dutch Star with a broom and brushed off serveral dustpans of dirt and washed more off.  We are lucky the wind did not really blow at QZ.

Back
Top Bottom