QZ 2006 rally pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had the engine and radiator cleaned yesterday.  There was enough dust to make a small beach here at Freightliner :)

Ned,

Could you remind me which Freightliner place you went to? Lorna  told me, but I forgot.

Did they steam cleam the engine and radiator?

TIA

It's now called Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star of Arizona and is in Tolleson.? Take the 99th Ave. exit.? It's just south of I-10 on Roosevelt St.  The service manager is Kirk Ault (623-907-6642).  Tell him I sent you.

Yes, they steam cleaned the engine and radiator, and a whole lot more.? About $1440 worth :)

Thanks Ned. $1,440 for a steam clean?  ;D  What else did they do?

Almost forgot to post these photos of folks leaving QZ:

• Ardra leaving without Jerry.
  • Marlene shows Bernie how to hook up the toad.
  • Sam leaves after making sure Ron is aboard.
  • Brewers, followed by Chris & Mimi.

Attachments

• Adra_minus_Jerry.jpg
    Adra_minus_Jerry.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Dobrins_hitch_up.jpg
    Dobrins_hitch_up.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Ruwards_leave.jpg
    Ruwards_leave.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Brewers_Pennings.jpg
    Brewers_Pennings.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 55
M2 service, new belts, generator oil and filters, extra fuel and air filters for AK trip, air dryer desiccant.  Took almost 8 hours.

That picture of the Brewers and Penningtons leaving sure shows the dust !! Maybe my 40 degrees (which is actually very, very warm for Colorado in January) and snow ain't so bad after all. Not a bit of dust to deal with, except for what we brough back with us from Quartzsite. As for laundry, I've done 6 loads and haven't even begun on the sheets, comforter, and rugs.....ugh! Maybe the RV Fairies will clean the coach for me before our next outing?

Sure do miss everyone.

Wendy

Here ae a few more photos showing what was left of the group Wednesday. We are pulling out today for El Centro leaving Karl, Smoky, and Sharon.

Where but in QZ can you pose for a pic like this? I'm sending this to the kids!

had to let Bob see the last pallet going up in majestic flames. ;D ;D

Great last night with new framily under the Arizona skies.!

Attachments

• Quartzsite Bookseller.JPG
    Quartzsite Bookseller.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Wednesday Noon.JPG
    Wednesday Noon.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Potluck1.JPG
    Potluck1.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Warm Fire.JPG
    Warm Fire.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Last Pallet.JPG
    Last Pallet.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 54
That guy has been there for years but his attire keeps getting briefer and briefer.  We used to refer to him as "Loincloth Man".  At this point a loin cloth would make him appear fully dressed! ::)  I can't even think of a suitable (printable?) nickname for him now.

Margi

Tom and Margi said:
That guy has been there for years but his attire keeps getting briefer and briefer.  We used to refer to him as "Loincloth Man".  At this point a loin cloth would make him appear fully dressed! ::)  I can't even think of a suitable (printable?) nickname for him now.

Margi

Bag man?

Regards,
Jack

Jack, you are bad.  Retirement must be agreeing with you :)

Sells a lot of books though. The women work up their courage to ask for a photo as they browse his shop.

Accoording to a local writeup the man has an interesting background including several degrees and publishing a book.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom