Looking for card games for 2 people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, all
Strip poker is a given....lol
When we play regular poker the dogs always win....
Cribbage, of course.....
I will need rules for most other suggestions, or could I google them?

There are several sites with the rules...just do a search with the names. We usually modify the stock pile of cards in Spite and Malice down to 13. It makes the game shorter so the DW has more of an opportunity to win once in a while.  :D

We enjoy Kings at the Corners for a card game and it is played with two to 8 people, but mostly with four.
I stopped playing poker against our dog for the reason that she was too easy to beat. Every time she gets a good hand she wags her tail. A complete "giveaway".

Look for a card game called Crowns at the better game stores. We've played it for years with two of us, but it can be played by any number up to 6 or 8. Each time we introduce it to another person they immediately want to know where to get a deck for themselves. One group of friends calls it the Purple Card Game.

We also have a card game called Golf which is a nice way to spend an hour or two.

Wife and I play Hand & Foot but it takes three to four decks of cards.  We play it with our motor home club. Usually with four to six people (men vs. women).  I think the requirements are one deck per person plus one deck.

Byrogie, I have the rules for Spite & Malice and Three-Thirteen on "Word documents" but have no way to upload it here. If you want to shoot me an E-mail, I can send them to you so you can print them out.

bucks2 said:
Look for a card game called Crowns at the better game stores.

I know that a game being sold called Five Crowns is very similar to Three-Thirteen. Is that the same game you are talking about?

We enjoy 5 card pinochle and a game we know as 13.  Let me know if you want more information on either. 

Molaker said:
There are some things us old f**ts ought not do.  In this case, the one who wins actually loses by having to look at that!

LOL...I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't able to put it in words....!

Looking for an idea?  I ran across this one today by chance. It was played in the 1600's or so. I remember it well.  ;D

It is played with a 52 card deck. (Don't know if they meant 52 or LII in those days).

Anyway, if you are desperate, check out this link >>>http://www.pagat.com/vying/brag.html

It is called BRAG...sometimes referred to as BRAQ.

Good luck...

carson

We started playing 5 Crowns a few years ago and it works for 2 to 7 people.  Went through 6 decks so far. 

Water Dog said:
Byrogie, I have the rules for Spite & Malice and Three-Thirteen on "Word documents" but have no way to upload it here. If you want to shoot me an E-mail, I can send them to you so you can print them out.

I know that a game being sold called Five Crowns is very similar to Three-Thirteen. Is that the same game you are talking about?

Yes, 3/13 is almost the same except of course it has it's own style cards. I don't remember exactly the difference since we never play 3/13 anymore.

Ken

We used to play 2-handed Pinochle.  Once it was the most popular card game for two in the United States.  Take a look at it.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/how-to-play-pinochle2.htm

Also, Mexican Train Dominoes (not a card game) is great for two people.

JerryF

Back
Top Bottom