How to dry your cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

seilerbird

Here is a shot of my cat that I took this morning.

Attachments

• Tarzan in the dryer 1.jpg
    Tarzan in the dryer 1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 112
Nope no WD40. In fact I forgot to put a fabric softener sheet in with him and now the poor dude has static cling.

Seilerbird,

Here's how to both wash and dry your cat.

Thoroughly clean the toilet and then flush it several times.  Add several ounces of shampoo to the toilet water and have both lids lifted.

Obtain and soothe the cat while you carry your friend toward the bathroom.  It is important that the cat is purring comfortably.  Then in one smooth, but swift, movement put the cat in the toilet and quickly slam down both lids.  At first you may need to stand on the lid so the cat cannot escape.  Do not get any part of your hands or fingers too close to the edge of the toilet lid because the cat's paws will be clawing out for any purchase that can be obtained.

The cat will self-agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.  Next, flush the toilet 3 or 4 times. This provides a "Power Wash & Rinse" which has been found to be effective.  It is not recommended to use the "Power Wash & Rinse" feature with small kittens.

Finally, have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.  Stand along side the toilet (not in the path between the toilet and the door) and quickly lift both lids.  The now clean cat will rocket out of the toilet and run outside where the gentle flow of air passing over a fast moving animal will air dry the cat.

Jerry, I'm going to guess that you did NOT ask Ardra to approve that story before you hit the enter key. ??? ;)

aka Porky,

You're right I didn't ask Ardra but you know FitzGerald's, "it's not that you want to say something, it's that you have something to say."

JerryF

PS, When Ardra read it the first time she had tears she was laughing so hard.

Great pic. JerArdra, can I wash my son's hamster with your method? He likes tunnels so If my son waits at the end of the black water drain.............

Cleaning the black water tank is a hassle.  If you don't, you won't want your son handling the hamster when he emerges from the drain.

On the serious side, check your dryer.  Friend of mine tossed in some sneakers to the dryer, not realizing the cat was in there.  You can figure the rest.  Sad but morbidly funny.   

His wife never again asked for help with the laundry.

Back in the 70's there was a report of a product liability suit against a microwave manufacturer. A lady decided to use the microwave to dry her cat. The poor cat exploded, the microwave caught fire, and the lady sued the manufacturer. I have no idea if there was any truth to the story, but it was repeated by all the product liability consultants, and there was lots of talk about having microwave manufacturers put a label on their product saying "not to be used for drying your pet" or some such.

Check the label under the cover of your commode  ;D

Tom said:
there was lots of talk about having microwave manufacturers put a label on their product saying "not to be used for drying your pet" or some such.

Yes, some of us must be protected from our own stupidity. 

Frank Zappa once remarked that the two most common things in the universe were hydrogen and stupidity...

A few years ago I stopped at a laundromat somewhere in the mid-west and found the following tag on every dryer in the place. This is real, it is not Photoshopped.

Attachments

• Children.jpg
    Children.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom