Remodeling Nancy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's great, Gary.  One step at a time.  Hugs to Nancy.

Gary and Nancy,

I'm just getting caught up here so just learned of the latest surgery.  Well, I'm certainly glad you chose remodeling over replacing!  ;)  You have been through a lot and humor helps.  I'm glad the surgery was successful and hope the recovery is quick and that Nancy will be feeling better soon.

HUGS to you both,
ArdraF

Glad to hear that she got through to operation OK.  I am sure she will be in pain for quite awhile.  You two have the most positive outlook I know of.  Take a pause, put your feet up and have a cold one.  Get Nancy home and give her a kiss.  Good luck and love to the both of you.

Len and Joanne Sackett

Sure am happy to hear that things went well for Nancy today.  Hopefully, after the initial pain, she will heal quickly and feel better so much sooner.  :)

Daisy

Gary,

When Nancy is home and feeling a little better, we'll pop up for a day visit. Maybe you and I can take Len & Jo's advise at the Winghouse while Nancy & Pat visit. :)

Saw Nancy again a couple hours ago. Found out her pain medication drip was malfunctioning and she wasn't getting the prescribed drugs. The RN on duty fixed that and she is resting much more comfortably now. Back on target for release tomorrow noon-ish.

Gary and Nancy,

Years ago I had rotator shoulder  repair.  I got some invaluable advice prior to surgery.  I was told when in recovery and the nurse asks what is your pain level to always say "10."  That way you ge the "big  guns" right from the start. Sorry her drip malfunctioned  I am convinced the only way to heal is to be pain free.  May the good medications work!!!!

And to do the  therapy even if it hurts!

Betty

Glad to hear the surgery was done and successful.  I'm sure she will feel better and will come through the recovery well.  Our prayers and thoughts are with you both in this long process.

Gary
I am relatively new to this forum and haven?t had the chance to meet any of you personally yet (hope to change that at the rally in April) but I have been following your posts. I just wanted to take a minute and tell you how happy we are that your wife is doing better. Your both in our prayers and thoughts.
Chip

Gary,

Glad to hear it went well, home is always so much better. A lot of us have been there and done that ourselves so we know that it is not easy, good prayers and healing thoughts are all aimed at you and Nancy.

Jerry & Arlyne Ray

We went back to the Moffitt today for the surgery follow-up. The shoulder repair is in excellent shape and the surgeon gave Nancy the green light to start Physical Therapy to build up the rotator cuff muscle and restore its function. He says the PT will hurt a lot at first, but should recover most of its function. That alone should make for a HAPPY NEW YEAR at our house.  ;D She is looking at 6 weeks of PT initially.

From Nancy's perspective, the surgery was a huge success. She has essentially zero pain now and has been off the pain killers for nearly two weeks now. What a relief after 3.5 months of heavy drugs! If the shoulder can be even partially restored to use, she will be happy.  :)

On the scapula cancer issue, it appears to be dormant at this time.  8) It is difficult to tell with a bone cancer in that location, especially now that the bone "cement' is plastered in/around the damaged area. The best that can be said is that it does not appear to have changed any in several weeks. The radiation obviously worked well and she & her oncologist are still experimenting with chemo drugs to see what works and what she can tolerate and still lead a reasonable lifestyle. We remain hopeful on that score.

Sounds like great news all around!  You continue to be in our prayers.

Frank and Cheryl

So happy to hear things are progressing well.  It can't be easy for Nancy, but I'm sure she'll attack that PT with her usual tenacity.  Sending hugs, prayers and good thoughts to both of you. 

Margi

Thanks for sharing your good news! We are so happy to hear some good news from you guys!

MMG went through the shoulder/rotator cuff rehab a while back and she says the pain warning is right but the harder you work at the exercises the faster it goes away, so plug away as much as you can.

You will both be in our continued prayers on the cancer front.

Happy New Year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom