2005 PW Lexor TD longevity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

westwardho

Oops, posted this in the wrong place the first time around. Here it is in the right place:

I've unexpectedly fallen in love with a one-owner 2005 PW Lexor TD with almost 80,000 miles on it. The owner has kept it in pristine condition, changed the oil every 3,000 miles, etc. (and I will have a mechanic check it out). I'm wondering if anyone has a reasonable guess as to this vehicle's total longevity if I keep treating it well. And is this a time when things will start to need fixing or replacement? Are they likely to be big expensive things? I am feeling starry-eyed and need a reality check from people who are saner than I am.

Thanks!

That's a Pleasureway Class B, right?  Chevy chassis?  The mechanicals should last about the same as any Chevy 1 ton van, though on the lower side of the usual range because a Class B conversion loads it pretty much to the max most of the time, stressing the components more than an average family van. At 80k miles I would start thinking about transmission problems and front end wear, but a good mechanic and a front end shop can check that out for you.

I can't think of anything in particular as far as the house parts are concerned. Even though obviously used a lot, fridges and toilets and furnaces don't really wear out and they aren't all that old yet.

Thanks, Gary. I went back to look at the Pleasure-Way today and discovered I'd misremembered the total miles on it. The figure is 70,000, not 80,000. My mind is more at ease because of that (though I'm still having it looked at by a mechanic, on Monday), and in fact when it checks out fine I'm going to buy this baby without further delay. It's just so startling to have found the perfect RV on the first try.

I'm still curious, though, as to how long do Chevy 1-ton vans usually last.

There is no real answer to that. At least 10 years or more, much more if well-maintained. Mileage will also vary with maintenance and driving style. A 2005 is young by any measure of years, but hard work can prematurely age even a well-cared for vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom