1994 Sierra by Cobra where is switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firemancob

I recently bought a 1994 Sierra By Cobra and it gas a norcold fridge, how do I make the fridge go from battery power to shore power.  I plugged the line in to a 30 amp circuit and have power to all the wall plugs but no inside lights and no power to the fridge.  I was told there is a switch but I am yet to find it.  I did find a on and off switch in the panel where the hot water heater is but it is on off and it won't go to on so I am lost.  Any help would be appreciated.  You can even call me on my cell I am desperate 9125470819

Sounds like you don't have any 12 volt power.  You should have a 12 volt battery that is charged by the converter when you're plugged into power.

The fridge needs 12 volts for it's control circuits, in addition to 120 volts to work in electric mode or propane for the gas mode.

Make sure all of the 120 volt circuit breakers are on and not tripped.  If you're not sure, turn the breaker all the way off then on to reset it.

If the converter is still not making 12 volts it's either bad or one of the 12 volt fuses is blown.

The model number of the fridge would be a help, but Lou is probably right. No 12v to fridge and that is not normally switched. You need to check the 12v power source to the fridge circuit board, which is on the back side and accessed from the outside door.

Back
Top Bottom