Forum members with a free place to overnight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I've been approached by a forum member who has a place for visiting Forum members to park; He would like a place on the forum where he could list his site and to make note when the site is taken..

EDIT:

If you have a place where a forum member could overnight, please reply to this topic. Include a few details such ascity & state, size limitations, what (if any) hookups are available, and any restriction on time of year.

If you're a member who would like to take someone up on their offer, please contact them directly; Do not use this topic to request a place to stay.

Sure.  The only person to visit me so far is Pete Harpin.  Maybe if someone else would come I would have an excuse to turn Pete away :p  Seriously, we have room for probably 10 rigs but only hookups for one. 

Tom said:
Anyone else with a site for Framily members who would like me to create such a place?

You can add "Peg's Campground" in Camp Verde, AZ. We have room for a couple of rigs but full hookups for only one.

928-567-5322

That's great guys. How would you like folks to contact you? e.g. should I put a link to your profile and they can then send you a PM or email, or call you if you have your phone number listed in your profile?

Jim, whereabouts are you located?

Tom,

Hacienda Maxwell is already on many trip guides, so add me! 27 miles s of Albuquerque NM, off NM 47. Railrunner avail 2miles in Belen, runs to Alb and Santa Fe. Free WiFi.

One site, SE side, with either 50 or 30 amp service, on compacted dirt, up to 42' without toad. H2O avail. One site, West drive way, 15amp avail. H2O avail.

BYO hoses. Custom tours designed on request to Taos, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Chama, the Very Large Arrey, The Salinas Nat'l Monuments, Bosque del Apache, White Sands, the Salinas National Monuments, and Gabriel's with the best guacamole in the state, perhaps the southwest.

Y'all are most welcome!

Tom,

We have room in Tolland, CT for one rig for a limited time at our daughter's house in the summer. Power, water available from house, no sewer. PM or email should work.

Jim

Jim Johnson said:
Sure.  The only person to visit me so far is Pete Harpin.  Maybe if someone else would come I would have an excuse to turn Pete away :p  Seriously, we have room for probably 10 rigs but only hookups for one. 

JJ,

We tried to visit once but you weren't home!!! Stayed at the Walmart in Dothan. :)

Thanks Jim. I'll get that added. Haven't yet figured out what the outcome of this will look like (we're having too much fun at QZ).

Tom,

We are having too  much fun also, that is why it took so long to answer.

We are located 10 miles west of Dothan, AL, in the SE corner of the state, between highways 84 and 231.  Coordinates are N31 16.890 W85 35.207

Tom said:
That's great guys. How would you like folks to contact you? e.g. should I put a link to your profile and they can then send you a PM or email, or call you if you have your phone number listed in your profile?

Tom,

Where on the profile page would I list the phone number?

Good question Don. Let me see if I can add a field to the profile, although it might have to wait until after we get home Sunday. I have some other upgrades I need to install first, but prefer to do the file uploads using my (fast) cable connection rather than my slow air card.

OTOH maybe folks don't want to list their phone number (?)

Tom said:
Good question Don. Let me see if I can add a field to the profile, although it might have to wait until after we get home Sunday. I have some other upgrades I need to install first, but prefer to do the file uploads using my (fast) cable connection rather than my slow air card.

No hurry. When you get to it.

OTOH maybe folks don't want to list their phone number (?)

Just because there is a field for it doesn't mean they have to fill it in.  :)

Likewise I have room for one rig in Detroit.  Normally I park my rig there as the site has sewer, limited electric, and nearby water (Alas, the  underground water pipe to the site is broken, but the house is only about  70' away)

I can greatly i ncrease the power avb too if needed (normally it's a 30 amp outlet with a 20 amp breaker labeled 15 amps but there is another 30 amp curcuit nearby)  It is intended as a manintance site for my rig (not occupied) but it can be used for camping,,, I can move my rig to another spot on the lot

:) If you are passing threw Kankakee IL. and need a place to park your camper or MH for the night I have a commercial parking lot in a quite neighborhood and well lit and the  cost is FREE my office is about 2- 3 miles north of I-57 exit 308. If you need electric, I do have but it is a 20 amps, if need drinking water for your tank no problem. No dump station. All I ask is keep it CLEAN :) Traveling with 2-3 friends in there campers that's fine too. wide entrance and exits Hope this will help campers passing threw. Just email before so I can come down there and help you show you where to park.

Pat

Great offer, thanks for posting!  I'm in Bloomington, IL and originally from Champaign so I know just where you're at.

Perhaps we could put together a master list (if it doesn't already exist) of forum members who have "free night" space like this available.

Perhaps we could put together a master list (if it doesn't already exist) of forum members who have "free night" space like this available.

Scott, I started a topic on this a few years ago on the suggestion of a forum member. Lemme see if I can find it.

Edit: Merged the old and new topics to have all the responses in one place..

Pat, thanks for the offer.  I showed it to DW and she too was impressed.  She wanted me to file it so that we could find it sometime when we plan to be in the area.  Problem is I couldn't figure out how to do that.  Scottydl's idea sounds like a great solution.

Back
Top Bottom