Forum members with a free place to overnight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Icame across this site today. Just bought our first RV (ACE 29.2) a month ago. Looking forward to going cross country next year or the next. Hubby retires next year. I made a list of all the offers and the states. There were 18 states listed. Hope we get to visit all of them and more in the future.

Hi guys just throwing out there I have six acres of land in the San Luis valley area to be exact in fort garland it's in the sangre de cristo ranches. There are no hook ups just the land but you will find there are many places to visit around the area like the sand dunes, several lakes to ride a boat and or fish as well as the stations of the cross just about 30 minutes from there if any one is interested in camping out let me know. Just search fort garland CO

I know a guy that is doing a lot of free RV parking and showing people where. His channel name is "Living Free" on youtube. He's a bit quirky. But seems really knowledgeable. I hope I can post that on this thread?  Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Yl9NlOsgfUR6jkKfTAgBQ

Jim Godward said:
Jan,

We can accommodate an RV in the drive way with water and power.  We have, depending on the neighbors, even have had another at the same time.

Since we have moved to OR, we no longer have any parking for RVs.

I thought I should post this to prevent unhappy people.  ;)

Chet, you should change your user name as you no longer live in the 18013 zip code :)

Faucett, MO--I have 2 acres just off I-29 at the 35 mile marker.  Just down the road from Farris Truck Stop. very quiet.  20A power.  Welcome to top off water.

TT or Class C with toad can circle house--no backing needed.  Probably wouldn't work for tall 5er or big rig, especially with toad.  Steep breakover turning into my street from State Hwy DD.  I have backed 45' charter bus to park in front of the house several times though.  PM me if you think this might work for you.

After Quartzsite, I had the pleasure of a great visit by Gary B and Maria for a few days here in Lake Havasu.

I would like to make an offer to Forum Members that might come to Lake Havasu.

I have a paved area in front of my RV garage that is approximately 50 feet by 40 feet.  Gary easily parked his 38 foot RV with slides open there with room for my car parking also.

I have full hookups, (50 amp, water, and sewer and unlimited WiFi), within easy reach and enough space for extra cars.

My initial thought is to offer it for a couple of days at a time in case others want to use it also.  I can get along with most anyone for a couple of days,  I am also not wanting to upset any neighbors, However RV's are all over this town.

Another option is to use the site to dump your tanks and refill your water if you want to use the free BLM boondocking sites at each end of town.  One BLM site is north of town on 95 at the top of the grade.  The other site is just south of town on 95.  The Host has confirmed that these sites are free for 14 days at a time.

If you are interested or passing through Lake Havasu then PM me.

We also have a pool and Spa.

I also have a pressure washer and rolling scaffolding in case you want to detail your rig.

Attachments

• rIMG_2433.jpg
    rIMG_2433.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 62
  • r20170512_191624.jpg
    r20170512_191624.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 65
  • r20170512_192015.jpg
    r20170512_192015.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 59
  • r20170512_191846.jpg
    r20170512_191846.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 62
  • rscaf.jpg
    rscaf.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 65
Bill, you are one of the nicest strangers I know. You are so generous to others.  If we are back there I will surely look you up. It would be a real pleasure to meet you.

jackiemac said:
Bill, you are one of the nicest strangers I know. You are so generous to others.  If we are back there I will surely look you up. It would be a real pleasure to meet you.

X10 Bill

Hi Bill,
I have got to learn how to PM people.  Just left Lake Havasu after 3 days at the Elks Lodge, but did not know how to touch base with you.  Next year!   

I am going to have to remember this.. IF I ever find a Wife 2.0.. One of the places I'd love to take her is the London Bridge.. Wife 1.0 enjoyed it, and I'm sure 2.0 will if I ever find her.

And you know where the London Bridge is (We stayed on the island by the way).

Very nice,  new member here but I think I'm going to like it here. ..God bless you bill

Thanks for the kind words but I am really offering this totally free because I enjoy the company.

Other than Quartzsite I have not traveled for the last year.  I miss interaction with Framily.

By the way, you are correct I am strange...LOL

Rene,  I took the picture of the side where the Stacker usually is when we first bought this home last April.  I still have it but might not use it much anymore.  It still makes a good workshop.

If anyone happens to be traveling thru in their car I also have two guest rooms in case they are not in their RV.

I will also point out that Lake Havasu is just 17 miles south of I-40.  You turn at the exit in Arizona just before the California border and east of Needles.

This town has lots to see and is full of classic cars and boats.

Attachments

• r20170512_191533.jpg
    r20170512_191533.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom