EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Forum members with a free place to overnight  (Read 70171 times)

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Forum members with a free place to overnight
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 02:44:41 PM »
Hi Chet. Message understood. I decided to hold off adding custom fields to the profile until we go to the next major rev of the forum software; It will have a built-in capability for adding fields to the profile without the need for me to do any custom coding.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Alaskansnowbirds

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 11:25:07 PM »
"Peg's Campground" has 50amp/water/dump/wifi. We're 2 miles off I-17 at Camp Verde, AZ.  Drop us an email or PM if you're passing through.
Don & Peg
Alaska/Arizona
Currently located here.
Weather at Camp Verde, AZ.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2009, 12:22:55 AM »
Sam's Camp has two full hookup sites 50 and/or 30 amp also wifi. plus space to boondock.  We also have a dump station. Drop us a PM or e-mail if you are in the area.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2009, 10:32:41 AM »
We have a long drive that will accommondate a 40' with toad but it is back in.  We have 50 A, water and WIFI with a couple of dump stations <3 miles away.

Send a PM or phone us, we are in the book, just don't believe the address or map.  Right Ron??
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 10:39:23 AM »
Send a PM or phone us, we are in the book, just don't believe the address or map.  Right Ron??

Right. ;)
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 11:39:09 AM »
We have a full hookup 50A site on our lot at Spring Branch, TX.  Room for another, smaller, RV without hookups too.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Bob Maxwell

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smile, and the world smiles with you . . .
    • The American Southwest
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2009, 11:59:28 AM »
I've upgraded Hacienda Maxwell. so review my earlier post before passing through central New Mexico.
Adiós. . .

Bob †
and wife Betty Font 

. . . still ridin' for the brand.

1994 Suncruiser 34RQ, Cummins 5.9L/230 Allison 3060
'08 Kia Spectra5,
FMCA SKP

Holbrook AZ, west of the Petrified Forrest NP on I-40

S J Strait

• ---
  • 2004 ford f250 deisel 27' 2007 freedom spirit
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2009, 04:44:24 PM »
We have room for one with 20 amp and water and 2 more primitive sites all large sites 40' we are on the western end of the Adirondacks park also there is free camp grounds up the road for horse owners. NY state horse trails.also just south of Lowville NY is a free camp ground for anyone called Whitaker park. Just pm or email me.
We will be gone the first 2 weeks of july.
Steve,Lisa and the rest of the Strait gang.
The Adirondacks park is our back yard.

WhiteEagle

• ---
  • John & Alice
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2010, 10:46:10 PM »
Fantastic idea .... Don't know why we wouldn't enjoy having someone stop by if it would be beneficial to them ..... Would likely join the movement.....
I have room on gravel platform for 1 unit - would have water available / 15 or 20 Amp elect... also have adjoining 10 acre field / meadow surrounded by woods which would provide secluded drydocking......
5 miles from Hywys 45 / 64 / 52 outside Antigo WI - entrance to the Northwoods
2009 AB 40QSP-Powerglide-Cummins ISL 8.9L DP-Allison 3000-2 stage Jake Brake-Michelin 295R80 22.5-Pressure Pro System-Jeep GC Toad-Blue Ox Plate, Bar, Patriot Braking System-10K Genset-AquaHot-4 Panel Solar-SurgeGuard. Northern WI base
Everything's Relative
Unless Something Changes, Nothing Will

FarmMOMto8

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »
You're welcome to visit our farm in Elk WA. We can hook you up with power, but no sewer.

Coach_Frank

• ---
  • Karen & Frank
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »
Hi Pat,

Are you still offering overnight parking in Illinois?  We will be in the area on July 1, 2010.

Coach
2005 Winnebago Voyage
2007 Saturn Vue
There are really only two plays: Romeo and Juliet, and put the darn ball in the basket.
-- Abe Lemons

BrianFoster

• ---
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2010, 05:12:58 PM »
Here's a great resource for anyone with a VW. Any Model. It's basically a list of places to stay along the road. If you run into mechanical trouble many people offer tools, garage space and a second pair of hands. Don't forget to reward their hospitality, many Airs users list their favorite "beverage" as payment  :)

Link to AIRS (AirCooled Interstate Rescue Squad )

http://www.type2.com/rescue/

-Brian
1970 VW Bus
CampingRoadTrip.com

scottydl

• Admin assist
  • ---
  • Central IL
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »
Are you still offering overnight parking in Illinois?  We will be in the area on July 1, 2010.

Just saw this, has your Illinois stay already passed this year?  We are located between Bloomington and Peoria off of I-74.

We now have 30A and water to offer to any forum members passing through.  Dump station available at a couple CG's within 5-10 miles.  The driveway may be a tight fit width-wise with our MH parked there along with a guest rig, so you might want to plan on keeping the slides in.  ;)
Scott, wife, 3 boys... and the dog
- 2008 Forest River Wildwood 32BHDS
- 1995 Chevrolet Suburban C2500 tow vehicle
- 1994 Thor Residency motorhome... owned 2007-2012

taoshum

• ---
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2010, 04:41:30 PM »
If we are home, we have an overnight guest parking place with 50A power and water, no sewer.  We are located north of Taos in a rural area and you'll need to PM us for directions.   There is one 90 deg turn from the main road that might be tight for some rigs, especially with a toad.   Thanks, G.
07 Itasca Meridian 34SH.  '08 Jeep Sahara.
Taos, NM.

Pahighlander

• ---
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2010, 06:46:22 AM »
I have room for several big rigs, well actually allot, I have two places close by one is at my place of business and other is residential in the woods but I make it back my lane class A DP pulling 28' trailer . Can provide water, elec and dump station. Located by the state line of SW Pa and western Maryland approx 20 miles from Flight 93 site. PM me if any one ever needs this.

biz

• ---
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 08:41:06 AM »
Where are you located in regards to Confluence or Somerset PA. I have a cabin outside of Somerset and will be there next week, since I can't get my 36' Dp into my cabin site, I'm searching for somewhere to park it for about 5 days

Thanks in advance

Biz
'03 Holiday Rambler Neptune
97 Jeep Wrangler
No Squeaks, No Leaks

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 09:15:39 AM »
May I suggest that those inquiring about using a freebie place use email or a Private Message to reach the site owner (icons for both under the avatar). You will have a much better chance of getting a timely response that way.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

falconhunter

• ---
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2010, 04:21:40 PM »
Hello to all.
We have an overnight parking area ,at least till the house sells,  for anyone passing thru the Conroe Texas area. Conroe is located about 30 miles north of Houston on I45. We are out in the country about 7 miles west on highway 105 just a mile from lake Conroe. It is a concrete back in site with 50A power and water, no sewer.   Actually its our driveway but its huge!  It can accommodate at least a 50’ fiver or motor home. I also have every tool imaginable and can lend a hand with repairs when I am available. We also have a 40x60 heated and air conditioned shop (where our Carri-Lite sleeps) if needed. No traffic, very quiet, very clean and above all very safe. Plenty of room to open the slides or park a toad. Forum members are welcome to stop by. Just send me a PM or an email with a request and I'll be happy to supply details and our phone number. We are usually home for now  and plan on full timing when the house sells so stop on by. Hope to meet some of you in the future. Chip and Janette                          falconhunter@consolidated.net
2015 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 4 wheel drive,410 with Aisin (Gus)
2011 Carriage Carri-Lite 36 MAX1 With Mor/ride IS System and disc brakes(Clara)

Full timing and loving it!

Enjoy life now.
It has an expiration date.

shinysimon

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »
I live in Andover, MN, about a half hour north of Minneapolis.  In my driveway I have room for a 40' with water, 30 amp electric and sewer.  In the back yard we have room for another 40 footer with 30 amp electric.  Water is about 250' away, which I have enough hose for but not of the potable water variety.

dougdeterman@msn.com 

Willie1971

• ---
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2011, 12:19:04 AM »
1 free spot 1.5 hours south of Atlanta right off I-75

I have one spot for a rig in front of my house.  Would be for an overnight only as anything over one night is considered RV storage and they frown on that here.

I can top off your water tanks and give you free WIFI -  I can run a extension cord out to your rig and I got a keg of beer in my garage in a kegorator. 

All you need to do is bring me a nice cigar so we can smoke while we drink. lol..

My area is great cause I am 1.5 hours south of Atlanta and 8 mins from I-75

I would be a good stopping point before going through Atlanta.  I typically leave at 3:45 AM and you can get through Atlanta on anyday with no traffic. 

Do not try to go though Atlanta in rush hour anytime.  The road stops to a crawl.  My advice would be to come here early and get a good rest and start early the next day.

Email  zeekxxx@gmail.com direct if you need a good rest and free beer!     

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »
Hello everyone. I am Daniel a vietnam era veteran living in the pretty appalachian mountains 55 miles NW of Harrisburg Pa which has I-81 and I-76 running thru Harrisburg area. I am between that intersection and state college Pa off route 322 where i recently saw a ring neck pheasant running across the road. I live here with my 88 yr old mother on our pretty farm 300 yards below a 2000ft mountain with a trout stream running through my property that comes right off the mountain just 1/2 mile away. I have a camper / RV parking spot that mom and me use to use before i rebuilt this old 1820 balloon frame appalachian house. I also have an old log house i am rebuilding. Eventually i want to bring vets from VA hospitals here for a day or weekend etc etc for some peace and solace in these here hills. See my house and land at my site here = http://directory.ic.org/22661/Veterans_Mountain_farm___swords_to_plowshares_in_Pennsylvania

If your coming thru my region and can spend a little bit of time helping etc etc that would be great. i am doing this on a wing and a prayer but i am getting er done as they say ?;-)

NOTE: From 2000 to 2004 i drove a 96 minnie winnie all over the USA  for over 70k miles from every corner to every state in between so i know what an RV goes thru finding a safe place to park and be able to go explore and know your RV is ok and it didn't cost a fortune.

PS: NO SEPTIC HERE BUT I DO HAVE ELECTRIC BUT I KEEP MY MONTHLY BILL UNDER 12.00 A MONTH SO PLEASE HELP WITH THAT. I DO HAVE FRESH WATER HERE TOO WITH A TROUT STREAM AND A WELL. I REALLY COULD USE HELP TOO IF YOUR A BUILDER OR CAN LIFT 20 LBS.

OH THE PICTURE IS BEFORE I REBUILT MY HOUSE BUT YOU CAN SEE THE RV PARKING BEHIND IT WITH THE 2000FT MOUNTAIN BEHIND THAT ACROSS MY TROUT STREAM

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • I don't know what I don't know so I look here...
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2011, 05:17:59 PM »
Daniel,

Great story and best of luck on your venture. My wife spent a number of years in the Harrisburg area and is very fond of that part of the country.

Thanks for your service, then, and your service to our fellow vets now...I hope some of our skilled brothers and sisters can give you a hand.

US 54566799 (1969-1971)
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913
----------------------------------
2012 Thor Damon Tuscany 42RQ
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
Taos Monte Bello RV Park, El Prado, NM

DearMissMermaid

• ---
  • Read my mis-adventures at DearMissMermaid.Com
    • DearMissMermaid.Com
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »
I can offer overnight accommodations for 1-2-3 nights in August, Sept, or Oct (2011) on Hartwell Lake near SC/GA border, about 9 miles off I-85.  Can offer 30amp, water, dump and entertainment by a  very playful puppy.

PM me for address.  ;D
http://DearMissMermaid.Com

Living, working. playing  in a Class C, 1994 Tioga Montara, 28'

Pack half the stuff and twice the cash.
http://dearmissmermaid.blogspot.com/

skyking1

• ---
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2011, 08:47:22 AM »
We are located south of Puyallup, WA
We have room for a few rigs in the yard, 20 amp power and water. Yard is fenced and gated for our dog, a friendly pup is welcome.
We also have room for another when camping at our lot in Ocean Shores, so send us a PM if you plan on heading that way. Who knows, we may be planning to be there.
Kelly and Mary

1996 Dodge CTD 2500 "Woody"
1991 Avion 29.5 ST
Washington State

http://boondockerswelcome.com/users/skyking

Jan Stiskala

• ---
  • Love to travel USA
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 07:42:49 PM »
What a great Idea Tom to get members together and help each other.

I also can accommodate any visitor to Sydney Australia who use hire RV to tour my country. I am in Sydney Revesby only 20 kilometres from Centre and can have up to 5 RV in my factory back yard. Power, wifi and water is no problem. This would be great stop for City visitors, There is nothing close to city centre available for RV in Sydney.

Jan

Australian travelling US in  ACE 29.2
http://www.aussiepythons.com/

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 08:23:48 PM »
What a great Idea Tom to get members together and help each other.

I also can accommodate any visitor to Sydney Australia who use hire RV to tour my country. I am in Sydney Revesby only 20 kilometres from Centre and can have up to 5 RV in my factory back yard. Power, wifi and water is no problem. This would be great stop for City visitors, There is nothing close to city centre available for RV in Sydney.

Jan

Jan, that's great ! Australia is on my bucket list and now I have a place to stay one night if we ever get there. Give me a shout if you're ever in Cortez Colorado (near Mesa Verde National Park).

Wendy
Pueblo El Mirage for a week

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

shinysimon

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2012, 09:09:38 AM »
Jan,

You sent me a message asking if I could accommodate you for an overnight stay in May.  For some reason I can't find any way to reply to that message.

But the answer is yes, that would be fun to visit with some folks from Australia.  We have a 30 amp electrical hook up, water , and sewer right in the driveway.  And of course laundry facilities.

My personal email is dougdeterman@msn.com, that might be better.  We are located in Andover, about 30 minutes North of downtown Minneapolis.  Another option to consider is to visit Duluth, MN about 2 hours North of us.  We have a small place there on Park Point which has parking for an RV.  If you google it you'll see it's kind of a unique place.  It's a peninsula on Lake Superior, the largest fresh water lake in the world.  But then since you are from Sydney perhaps Duluth wouldn't be that exciting.  Thought I would throw it out there though.

Doug

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
Jan,

We can accommodate an RV in the drive way with water and power.  We have, depending on the neighbors, even have had another at the same time.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

Jan Stiskala

• ---
  • Love to travel USA
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2012, 09:09:04 PM »
Thank You Jim
I am sending you PM
Australian travelling US in  ACE 29.2
http://www.aussiepythons.com/

kjansen

• ---
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »
Jan
Here is another free stop over if it fits your schedule.  We are in Alexandria Mn,  120 miles west of Minneapolis on Interstate 94.  We can give you 30amp service, water and a dump station.
Keven Jansen
'06 Chevy 2500 Duramax
'02 Montana Big Sky
Alexandria, Mn

Hosted by Over The Network