Forum members with a free place to overnight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jim Godward said:
Jan,

We can accommodate an RV in the drive way with water and power.  We have, depending on the neighbors, even have had another at the same time.

Thank you for reply by pm. I have receive them and just replied to you. Thanks for kind offer.

Wendy said:
Jan, that's great ! Australia is on my bucket list and now I have a place to stay one night if we ever get there. Give me a shout if you're ever in Cortez Colorado (near Mesa Verde National Park).

Wendy
Pueblo El Mirage for a week

Wendy you can stay as long you like. There is lot of room in my factory yard. And is safe.
regarding your offer, I will love to visit, I will contact you in fallowing years.

Tom this is such a great idea for members like me to have list of members with the invite to park at they places.
Is possible to have this listed somehow with allowed details like GPS , or address, or maybe on Google map with option to share this map to our members?
That would be such a useful tools for all of us.

I would not ask normally for this in other forums. But this forum is somehow different. Since I joined, I felt as I belong here. Extremely welcoming people here.

Cheers and thanks for grate work in managing this site. Moderators here are so well balanced.
I am owner of forum based site with much higher traffic and know how hard is to keep forums friendly. There is lot of strange people using Internet.
If some  members here are interested in Reptiles feel welcome to have a look at my website

Hi Jan,

Some folks might not feel comfortable having their home address posted on a public map and, in most cases, I don't know their address anyway. It's probably best that they be contacted privately for that information.

I understand Tom. That is why I mentioned allowed details. I meant to put down just details that members allow to publish. I understand that most people would not like to put exact address there. In my case I would not mind since my free stop is business address.

Name of state and town would be most important. That way when you plan the trip across states you look up for places corresponding to your route. It would be nice to meet forum friends that way in person.

I also understand that to create this list would be a lot of extra work for you guys.

Here's a new site that will work for all of us.  The more people that sign up the better.  I welcome you all to stop by here for a night if you need a place.
http://boondockerswelcome.com

Well I live around Wichita Ks area.  I live 1.3 milea from Cheney Lake just off US 400 and about 30 minutes west of Wichita.  I have room for a few with having 10 acres, but the lake is the best area.  Heck if you let me know your coming I would even come camp with ya and bring my pontoon boat for some relaxing.  A lot of neat stuff around the area I could show you if you .com wanted.  My email is [email protected] so just let me know if you are coming through.

Gday I am allso from Australia and with a friend own a 30foot Fleetwood in the states and so far i have only been to Calfornia, Oregan.Washington State and Alaska but will be over in July for 2 months and at the moment my friend and co owners Allan and Di are over there in New York on there way to the lakes area then onto Canada to Yellowstone then down to LA where we will meet them and take over the rig for our little trip,but the main reason for the post is  i have a small acerage farm in the best part of Australia where i would be more than happy to have one of my USA Friends park there RV for a couple of days to explore the beautiful far north coast of NSW .We are 10 miles from Byron Bay and 60 miles from the QLD gold coast and would love to reciprocate the wonderfull hospitality you Americans have shown us and if anyone could give me some ideas as to the best way to go on our trip which is from LA to Yosemite for 4 days than hoping to go via toiga pass to Los Vegas for a couple days and where i am now a little confused as to how to go is we will wont to see the grand canyon then to Utah to Bryce canyon Canyon lands Moab so would appreciate any advice as to which rout we should take
And we really would love to have any RVers from the states stay with us for a couple days there is power and water and would love to show you around

pkunk said:
Here's a new site that will work for all of us.  The more people that sign up the better.  I welcome you all to stop by here for a night if you need a place.
http://boondockerswelcome.com

I joined Boondockers Welcome back in April this year and have already taken advantage of it. Stopped in Adamstown, Maryland and meet Bob and Carol. Stayed two nights on their property. Definitely the way to go.

If anyone is in Niagara Falls, Ontario I would be pleased to offer a place to park for a few days. You can see my profile under the user name: Karsty

Northeast Georgia on Lake Hartwell available 2012

I have free overnight spot with  elec, lots of water and dump station if you have long hose.  I am on Hartwell Lake until end of October 2012.  I am about 20 minutes off I-85 in Northeast Georgia on the SC border. 

Nice spot :)
My wife and I drove through below the Hartwell dam in '07, It sure sounded familiar.

DearMissMermaid said:
Northeast Georgia on Lake Hartwell available 2012

I have free overnight spot with  elec, lots of water and dump station if you have long hose.  I am on Hartwell Lake until end of October 2012.  I am about 20 minutes off I-85 in Northeast Georgia on the SC border.

Have you  registered with Boondockers Welcome?? It is a great site and offers travelling RVers some great places to stop for a day or two stopover.

There are over 400 people registered in North American now and it a great site for the travelling RVer.

If you haven't already done so, check it out at: http://www.boondockerswelcome.com/

We have a gravel lot in Fairbury Nebraska without hookups. The city does have a dump station in the city park.
Our lot is a former car lot right on 136 and E Street intersection. There is a Pizza Hut and a liquor store as well as Bedlans Sporting Goods in the same block. You can get a good nights sleep, a jug of booze, a pizza & an antique Winchester in one stop!

Hi we have a small farm in Garrettsville ohio. We would like to help out, not room for a big rig but anything works if we need to. We have horses and camp ourselves and know how hard it is to find a place to go if you are in a bind.Give a call, 330-351-5399 or [email protected]
Kerry and Donna Defer
Garrettsville,Ohio 44231

This is a fantastic resource filled with such gracious offerings!  Thanks all, and thanks to Tom for organizing!

We are in Palisade CO (abuts Clifton and Grand Junction) a mile or so off I70 and have an RV site with 30 amp and water available in the summer unless we have visitors using it.

There are a couple of RV parks - one in Clifton and one on Highway 50 west of the mall - but one (RV Ranch in Clifton) is over $40 per night and I suspect the other is priced similarly.

Send me a PM if you wish.

Thank you Clay, for your hospitality. I can't way when, but want to visit your part of the country.

There is a lot to see in this area.
Palisade has a peach festival and a wine festival that draw people in from all over the state.
There are several wineries in the area. Just down the street is one that makes mead.

The best peaches I have ever eaten are grown here in Palisade. Olathe sweet corn from over in Olathe and Delta is really good also.
Both peaches and corn are being harvested right now.

The manager of the peach orchard we used to own brought over some just picked Rosas yesterday.

We will eat some of them but I am angling for Lee to make a peach cobbler.....

Back
Top Bottom