Tire pressure monitoring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, the Pressure Pro can display kPa as well as psi. To change the display mode, merely hold down the On button while plugging the unit into the 12V power source. That toggles the display mode between psi & kPa.

Thanks Karl, that's definitely one of those "why didn't I think of that" solutions. OTOH my middle name is klutz and I'd be likely to knock the carton over, either before putting the lid on or when I opened it  :(

BTW do they sell eggs in cartons of 10? Maybe I should use a 12-up egg carton and buy two extra sensors in case I lose one again ;D

Tom, go to the fishing store and pick up a small lure box with the appropriate number of compartments. Then use a permanent marker to mark the compartments.  It works for me.

Robert,

That's another "why didn't I think of that" suggestion. I probably have one or two spare lure boxes in the garage.

Egg carton or lure box, you know I won't be able to find it when we're ready to leave on our next trip. Before leaving on the last trip I just couldn't find the small XM radio antenna that I normally sit on the dash; Put it somewhere "safe" when we got home from the prior trip, but who knows where. Had to take the larger home/bookshelf antenna with me.

Before leaving for QZ I hunted everywhere for the can of paint that Monaco had mixed for me. Was planning to hide some of my oopses. I finally found it last evening when I was looking for something else in the garage.

Tom, my sensors for the Tahoe are in a lure box in the glove box of the Tahoe, the sensors for the coach are in a lure box in the container with the brake line, gloves, the power cord and other items required to hook up the toad.  That box stays in the basement of the RV.

RV Roamer said:
Yes, the Pressure Pro can display kPa as well as psi. To change the display mode, merely hold down the On button while plugging the unit into the 12V power source. That toggles the display mode between psi & kPa.

Gary

Just called the factory and they said to hold the Set button rather than the On button when plugging in.

Good idea Robert, but you know that one day I'll forget which bin it's in or where I left the Suburban. When I find the tackle box I'll probably use a marker on each sensor, just in case I spill the box when opening it.

Jeff /Washington said:
Why not leave them oon the vehicles?

I was going to say the same Jeff. I have had mine for a year and half and never taken them off except air the tires. I was told by Pressure Pro, it does not make any difference in battery life.

If you do take them off, just use an empty egg carton and place them in according to position.

Bob

Jeff/Bob,

The coach is parked at a storage lot, not at our home, so I prefer not to leave them on for someone to remove. I doubt anyone will know what they are, but kids sometimes just take things for kicks. The lot had some break-ins last year, although I don't know the details. Also, I've compained about the guy with a landscaping trailer in the adjacent storage slot scatching the side of our coach with the overhanging tree trimmings he didn't take to the dump. Wouldn't want to give him an opportunity to get back at me.

The Burb has its own OEM tire pressure monitoring system, so there's no reason to leave the PP sensors on.

Apparently the batteries last longer if the sensors are removed during periods of storage. So far I have left them on the coach, but removed them from the toad (primarily to keep them from being removed by kids or other curious persons) since it is our everyday car.

Jeff /Washington said:

That's what I do except when we are 4 wheeling. Yeah, you save a little battery life, but not enough, IMHO, to warrant the bother and confusion.

Just called the factory and they said to hold the Set button rather than the On button when plugging in.

Interesting. I could swear I read "ON" in my manual but the motorhome isn't here right now so I can't double check.  Or maybe they changed the button programming since I bought mine.  At any rate, it can be switched between metric and English systems.

My manual is the 9/27/04 edition and it says the "ON" button.  I haven't tested it and perhaps newer units do use the "SET" button.

RV Roamer said:
Interesting. I could swear I read "ON" in my manual but the motorhome isn't here right now so I can't double check.  Or maybe they changed the button programming since I bought mine.  At any rate, it can be switched between metric and English systems.

Gary

You are right, I double checked with someone else in the company and he said the ON button. My coach and inventory weren't nearby so I couldn't double check the manual. Sorry for the confusion.

Tom,

BTW do they sell eggs in cartons of 10? Maybe I should use a 12-up egg carton and buy two extra sensors in case I lose one again

Or install a tag axle and use 'em all ;D Seriously, for those not chromatically challenged, why not use a little dab of various colored paints on the sensors and the valve stems? For duals, you could use one dab for an outer and two for an inner, same color. No rocket science here. 

No rocket science here.

LOL Karl, but color coding? Maybe I should number the wheels and use resistor code  ;D

Robert's tackle box idea won, after I found the tackle box in the garage. I labelled the lid with the sensor locations.

Tom said:
LOL Karl, but color coding? Maybe I should number the wheels and use resistor code  ;D
ROFLMAO, too much to remember, and would you believe it, when I try to remember the codes myself all I come up with is the rude version of the doggeral that we use to recall the codes. Too long since I have had to use resisitors, are they still used? <G,D&RVF>
;D

Back
Top Bottom