Jury duty for Escapees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnMaguire

Hello All !
I just received a summons for jury duty in Livingston - to report "last" week. How have Escapee members been handling this?
Thanks,
John Maguire

JohnMaguire said:
Hello All !
I just received a summons for jury duty in Livingston - to report "last" week. How have Escapee members been handling this?
Thanks,
John Maguire

Just call the number on the Jury duty summons and explain to them that you are not currently in the area and cannot get there.  They can just excuse you.  I have heard they may ask you to call if you are in the area.

Good hearing from you.

Hi John - good to hear from you!  I didn't realize you still had a vehicle registered in Texas and thus still in the jury pool there.  If you no longer have any legal ties there (e.g. vehicle registration or property ownership), you can have them remove you from the juror list.

Hi Gary & Ron,
It's great to be in touch - thank you very much for that info. I'll give them a buzz.
John

John,

We're missing you at Quartzsite this week.

JohnMaguire said:
Hi Gary & Ron,
It's great to be in touch - thank you very much for that info. I'll give them a buzz.
John

We sure wish you guys could have joined here at Quartzsite.  It good to hear from you.  Let us know how the JD thing works out.

Oh Ned, Quartzsite . . .

For your collective trap like minds, I just phoned the number on the summons and was advised that #2 on the "QUALIFICATIONS" list is that a juror must be a resident. I was told to circle that, note that I am no longer a resident, sign, date and return . . .

Thanks for your collective input. Hugs to all at QZ.

John

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom