Are there any RV parks for those of us under age 55?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dslempke

My wife and I are about to embark on a two month trip to the southwest (Texas, New Mexico and Arizona).  We are in our mid 40's.  I'm having a hard time finding any RV parks that do not have a 55+ age restriction. I hope we don't have to live in Walmart lots for 2 months!  Any help where to look?

Thanks, Dan & Linda

I have honestly never run across an RV park with a "senior citizen" requirement (no offense to those 55+ ;)) but I'm sure they are out there.  There also ought to be dozens if not hundreds of campgrounds along your route that are more family friendly and commonly host younger populations.  KOA's jump to mind although I'm not a huge fan of that franchise.  Any county/state/federal parks will be open to anyone.  You might want to pick up a Woodall's RV Campground Directory, which will allow you to research in advance and plan out your trip based on individual parks' ratings and amenities.  I'd also recommend considering a Passport America membership which will give you 50% off (with some restrictions) some very nice parks that might be along your way.

Never have seen any RV Parks with a 55 yr age limit ~~ Have seen a few MobilHome Parks with that restriction 'tho. 

First off, welcome Dan and Linda.  Second, what are you using to search these campgrounds that only allow 55+?  I have been to many a campground from the Texas Hill Country to the Louisiana border, and I don't think I have ever had a 55+ requirement. 

We stayed outside Austin in a nice RV Resort two days ago.  We were referred there by another campground because they were full.  No age questions either place.  I suggest that you visit RV Park Reviews www.rvparkreviews.com to get some idea of what is available in your target areas.  You can also see reviews, ratings, and rates.

I'm 57 and I've been RVing for over 20 years so while there are parks with the 55+ age limit, there must be RV parks for those under 55 :) 

You mention New Mexico - New Mexico has fabulous state parks, most with hookups. You can even buy an annual pass that gives you free camping (you pay electric). Texas also has great state parks as does Arizona, although they've closed many of theirs. There are also NPS, BLM, and forest campgrounds.

Use Woodall's, Good Sam, AAA, and Passport America to find campgrounds. Or google "city+campground" for place you want to visit.

Enjoy your travels
Wendy

even at a 55+ park I don't think they will ask your age or check your ID.  I think that is to keep out children.  If you were trying to buy in  or stay long term that may be different.

nvrver said:
I think that is to keep out children.
I don't mind children at all.  It's teenagers and young adults with loud radios that bug me.  Boom, boom, boom.

Everyone,
Thanks for all your help. I just purchased a Woodall's directory and joined Passport America. I really feel blessed with all of you that took time and gave suggestions for us. This is our first RV adventure so we are a little nervous about all the unknowns. With our new friends on this forum, I feel much better that we can get wise counsel for any situation we encounter.

Thanks again!
Dan & Linda

We've travelled extensively throughout those three states and can only remember seeing one or two 55+ parks.  You'll be fine.

rick

Dan and Linda,

You must have been looking at membership-type parks.  Another resource is the Trailer Life Campground Directory (Good Sam park discounts).  In 35 years of RVing, I doubt we've run into a dozen age-restricted places.  Sometimes they have AARP discounts, but no one asks our ages.

By the way, nothing says you have to belong to any group to enjoy RVing.  It's just that joining other like-minded people makes the adventure more enjoyable.  That's why you'll see references to RV Forum rallies such as the one near Tucson over New Year's, the one in Moab in May, or the one in Texas.  In addition, Passport and Good Sam provide discounts for their parks.

ArdraF

We are in our mid-40's and never been turned down nor have we observed one that restricts based on age. For overnight stops while on our way to destinations we generally use KOA's because they are closest to the highways for quick entry/exit, they have laundry facilities, etc for us to catch up for our next leg.

Have fun! There's campgrounds everywhere!

dslempke said:
My wife and I are about to embark on a two month trip to the southwest (Texas, New Mexico and Arizona).  We are in our mid 40's.  I'm having a hard time finding any RV parks that do not have a 55+ age restriction. I hope we don't have to live in Walmart lots for 2 months!  Any help where to look?

Thanks, Dan & Linda

Any rv park with a statue of Yogi Bear out front would prefer that you aren't over the age of 12.  If you whine a little, they'll let you in, seeing how you're  the guy carrying the wallet.  Enjoy, you can get to know the art of basket weaving before you make it to retirement age ! ;D

We have traveled in 44 states in the past 6 years and never been asked my age.  We have stayed in only one parked that advertised 55+ , but the couple next to us was int heir 30's. Relax, this is a non-issue. If you should run into one weirdo, there are two more down the road who will welcome you with an open checkbook.

Age is only a NUMBER.............................................................................................. 8)

Stoney

like others, we have not found any "age restricted" campgrounds / rv parks
and we love rvparkreviews, which is an excellent resource
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/
regards, peter

My wife an I are in our 30s and we have never been turned away for our age, but we were asked to move along because the management thought my 2 year old would be too loud for their establishment.  So we moved along... 

jeffbrown said:
My wife an I are in our 30s and we have never been turned away for our age, but we were asked to move along because the management thought my 2 year old would be too loud for their establishment.  So we moved along...
What?!?!?  A two year old too loud?  Kids having fun is the best kind of back ground noise there is.  Sheesh.  (I live right next door to a kids park with playgrounds.)  The only problem is the teens who are too young to drive who hang out after midnight.  Most are decent but a few are trouble makers.

Back
Top Bottom