Geocaching at Moab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Does anyone have any plans for a geocaching run from Moab? This was a well received activity at Qz - click here for the story.

We can set one up if there is enough interest Tom.  Some information on caches around the Moab area can be found at:
http://www.brillig.com/geocaching/moab.shtml

Anybody interested.

Thanks for posting that Ron. Let's add it to the possible activities and see if we get any signups.

Tom said:
Does anyone have any plans for a geocaching run from Moab? This was a well received activity at Qz - click here for the story.

While in Mulege Mexico, I discovered? geocaching.? I am really excited about the entire experience. I would like to go on such a search in Moab. If there are no sites available I am up for establishing such a site.? There are numerous beautiful places in which to plant a treasure!

Betty Brewer

Phil said:
Tom said:
Does anyone have any plans for a geocaching run from Moab?

Tom,

I don't see any Moab sites listed on the Utah geocach list so, maybe we can get on the list.

Phil

There are caches listed for Hurrah pass, Chicken Corners, and few in Aches Nat Park, plus many more listed in the link I provided.

Betty Brewer said:
Tom said:

While in Mulege Mexico, I discovered? geocaching.? I am really excited about the entire experience. I would like to go on such a search in Moab. If there are no sites available I am up for establishing such a site.? There are numerous beautiful places in which to plant a treasure!

Betty Brewer

We did a Gecach trip during the QZ ralley.  The link I provided lists seveeral Caches in the Moab area.  I think it would a great idea to plant a cach while we are there.

Ron said:
There are caches listed for Hurrah pass, Chicken Corners, and few in Aches Nat Park, plus many more listed in the link I provided.

Ron,

If I had looked at your link instead of the one I used I would have seen that.  :-[

Phil

Phil said:
Ron said:

Ron,

If I had looked at your link instead of the one I used I would have seen that.? :-[

Phil

The link I provided does give some possible caches to seek.

Ron said:
We will include Geocaching on a off road trip.

Ron,

What do you use to hold the treasure?  Do you try to hide it or just leave it out in the open?  What kind of stuff do you leave?

Phil

Phil said:
Ron said:
We will include Geocaching on a off road trip.

Ron,

What do you use to hold the treasure?? Do you try to hide it or just leave it out in the open?? What kind of stuff do you leave?

Phil

I believe the cach found during the Qz rally was in an amo box.  The cach was placed under some rocks.  Contents can be trinkets or such.  Check out Geocaching on Google.  Websites there will give some suggestions.

Ron said:
I believe the cach found during the Qz rally was in an amo box.  Check out Geocaching on Google.  Websites there will give some suggestions.

Ron,

I'm afraid to get too much information.  That usually leads to another hobby.  At the very least I would have to get another GPS. ;D

Phil

Phil said:
At the very least I would have to get another GPS.

Phil, don't I recall the dash of your coach having a number of GPS receivers?

Phil said:
Ron said:
I believe the cach found during the Qz rally was in an amo box.? Check out Geocaching on Google.? Websites there will give some suggestions.

Ron,

I'm afraid to get too much information.? That usually leads to another hobby.? At the very least I would have to get another GPS. ;D

Phil

No problem Phil whats another GPS.  Just think of the fun we will have. ;D

Tom said:

Well, yes, but, the two on the MH dash and the one on Jeep dash are vehicle units.  The only good one I have for hand carry is not color.  ;D

Phil

Phil said:
Tom said:

Well, yes, but, the two on the MH dash and the one on Jeep dash are vehicle units.? The only good one I have for hand carry is not color.? ;D

Phil

Phil I know it will be rough to use an old non- color GPS but trust me it can be done.

LOL I can't imagine Phil navigating by the stars  ;D

Back
Top Bottom