LOCTITE RED VS. LOCTITE BLUE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bb21992

Question about the two.  I see on the Blue Ox instruction to use the Loctite Red.  The baseplate I am using is used and in good shape.  I see the previous owner used the Loctite Blue.  I understand the Red is on FOREVER and has to be torched off.  This baseplate is bolted into the water pump on one side so if I need to replace the pump or sell the toad I would not be able to take the baseplate off the toad.  Is there a safety factor using the Blue instead of the Red?  I don't know if the instruction are siding on caution and CYA or if there both are o.k.  Anybody use these and opinions about the two?  Thanks for reading and look forward to comments.  BTW, it is going to be 70-80's tomorrow right here on the Central Coast of CA.  8)

We had the Loctite sales rep come to our maintenance department for the day and give us a really good hands on demonstration of their products.
They have a product for every type of application. I was impressed. I was old school, lock washes, double nuts, peening the bolt type of guy.
Not anymore. Good for rust and corrosion as well as keeping stuff together. The Free samples were good too.
They have a fantastic website allowing you to pick the right product..http://useloctite.com/threadlocking.html
Basically tiny fasteners Purple  222....Smaller  fasteners Blue 243...Larger fasteners...Red 263 for high strength.
The blue should come apart with hand tools, the red you will have to heat back up to a liquid again.
I have no connection to Loctite but I am stuck on their products...Pun intended

I've removed plenty of bolts that had red Loctite on them. It's definitely harder but you definitley don't have to torch them off. And if they are to tight then the heat trick definitley works. Blue loctite and the proper torque specs will never let you down though.

Back
Top Bottom