2005 BT Cruiser diesel 6.01 engine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpegr

Does anyone own one of these and have they had any trouble with the diesel engine. Ford engine 6.01 diesel. I am considering buying one but I would like more info on the pros and cons of this motorhome. 2005 BT Cruiser  with a diesel 6.01 engine any advice appreciated.

It is a Ford Powerstroke, the only thing I don't like about them is the K&N air filter that Ford puts on them.  If it was me, I grab it and replace the lousy K&N intake system.  The let in way to much dirt, which isn't good for the engine.

I think you mean the 6.0L (liter) engine?  That engine had a lot of problems, so many that Ford and Navistar (the base engine supplier) had a falling out over who was responsible for it. Ford dropped the engine and Navistar and now makes their own 6.4L diesel.

As for the 2005, if the engine is in good shape now, it may stay trouble free. Or maybe not.  A diesel BT Cruiser is a really nice small rig, but taking a risk with that engine is a bit scary. If the mileage is low, it may not have failed yet. In this case high mileage is probably better.

Read more about the 6.0L problems here:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090914181948AAj99lS

If you can find a slightly older one with the 7.3L Powerstroke diesel it is a much more reliable engine. Better fuel economy too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom