suggestions for small HD camcorder 1080p ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spacomponents

I love my Flip Mino HD camvorder, it's only 4 ozs. and very handy, but is only 720p and I'd like a 1080p now. There are a bunch of them out now. Does anyone have a recommendation for which ones have great, clear 1080 video resolution?

We just got the Kodak Zi8, which lets you choose 720p or 1080p (or SD or still). It has captured some very nice video. Although the 1080p actually isn't quite as good as the HDV (1440x1080i) on my Sony FX1 (lens and many other factors), it's still very decent for a fixed focus lens. Camcorderinfo.com has a review, and they have some nice (and some not so nice) things to say about it, but the one I have is excellent for the price, and a little more versatile than the Flip -- very pleased for $120 (special sale). Looks as if B&H Photo/Video has them on sale for $99 for the black model. Probably others do, too (several places are out of stock).

Yes, but your FX1 was $3000+ (depending on when you bought it).  It better have a better picture.

True enough, but my point was that I was pleasantly surprised at how good the Zi8 video is for such a small and inexpensive device -- it's a LOT better than I expected -- though it obviously is lacking many capabilities I have with the FX1, but just looking at video quality alone (disregarding sound, features, audio, etc. etc.), the Zi8 is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom