EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Advise/Opinions on 1995 Serengeti  (Read 2425 times)

FrankNSharon

Advise/Opinions on 1995 Serengeti
« on: December 14, 2010, 10:24:38 PM »
I am looking at a 1995 Safari SERENGETI 40ft Quality Diesel Pusher with 85,000 miles and would be interested in opinions and experience with this rig for full timing. Any known maintenance issues, problems, weaknesses or strengths would be appreciated.

I would be VERY interested if anyone knows the CCC for it.

TIA,

Frank

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Advise/Opinions on 1995 Serengeti
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:00:20 AM »
Those were the glory years for the Safari brand, so if its in decent condition and the price is right, it's probably an ok choice.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

FrankNSharon

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:10:58 PM »
It looks good and the price is in budget - I have no idea what it should be worth, but I don't know that that matters.

I will have a mechanic look it over and see what he says.

Thanks,

Frank

Jackliz

• ---
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 05:59:09 PM »
I am looking at a 1995 Safari SERENGETI 40ft Quality Diesel Pusher with 85,000 miles and would be interested in opinions and experience with this rig for full timing. Any known maintenance issues, problems, weaknesses or strengths would be appreciated.

I would be VERY interested if anyone knows the CCC for it.

TIA,

Frank

Howdy, Frank.
We had a 1995 38ft. Serengeti and lived in it for 8 years until we bought our Bluebird Wanderlodge.  The Serengeti was a good coach except for the following: the back cap was not sealed, the brakes were inadequate and the seam between the caps and the coach's roof must be inspected carefully for leaks every 6 months. We had to replace the complete braking system, pads, calipers, etc at 40, 000 miles. I just can't remember the CCC, sorry. It had a torsilastic suspension and the coach rode around corners like it was on railroad tracks. Smooth. BUT you have to make sure you can find someone who knows how to take care of that chassis and suspension system.

Regards,
Liz Pearce

Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce and Oreo the Escape Cat
Fulltiming in a 1993 Wanderlodge WB 40 ft
Dhanis, TX - Winter
Buena Vista, CO - Summer

FrankNSharon

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 11:19:23 PM »
Liz,

Thank you very much - exactly the type of info I need. I really appreciate the help!

Frank

Hosted by Over The Network