RV with a Purpose - Hanggliding and Paragliding sites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan T

Hi Everyone.  My wife and I are new to RVing and this forum.  In fact our new Winnebago hasn't even been manufactured yet.  It's scheduled for delivery late in February.

My passion for the last 15 years or so has been flying hanggliders and more recently paragliders.  There are flying sites all over this country and it is my desire to hit the majority of them.  I invite you to pay a visit to our National and Local club sites.  The National site is at WWW.USHPA.ORG.  The local site is at www.chgpa.org.  We are located in and around Washington DC. 

I took hanggliding up in my mid 40s and paragliding in my late 50s.  Don't ever think you can't learn something new, you can.  Come fly with me and see.

If there are any other RVing pilots out there please drop me a note.

Thanks,
Dan T

My husband Dan is a paraglider pilot.  We are fulltimers and frequently take our RV to various paragliding sites and fly-ins. Some of his favorite sites are Point of the Mountain in Utah, Woodrat Mt. in Oregon, and Torrey Pines in California.

Jeannine

Terrific Jeannine,

I've flow both Point of the Mountain, on a HG years ago and Torrey Pines, PG more recently.  I've see the USHPA articles on the Woodrat fly in and hope to make it out there this year.  Let him know you met me.  Maybe our paths will cross this season.

Dan

Have you ever been to Indiana Dunes State Park on Lake Michigan?  More specifically, Mt Baldy? 

It's a big hot spot for hang gliding due to the winds coming off the lake and stuff.  I don't do it myself (always thought it would be fun to learn though), but every time we have been up there it has been full of hang gliders.

I have not been flying in that part of the country.  But if we get through the area I will make sure to check it out.  Thank you very much for the tip.

By the way flying a hang glider or paraglider is more fun than you can imagine.  If you have ever considered doing it you should give it a try.  Mt. Baldy sounds like an ideal location to learn.  Here on the east coast we often climb up thousands of feet and fly for miles and hours.  Out in the west they sometimes get to over 17,000 feet and fly with oxygen!

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom