Anyone own a Reyo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John Canfield said:
Surface rust is quite common with Winnebago's sheet steel for some reason.  It is highly unlikely there is a structural issue.

Obviously, Winnebago cuts corners when it buys and paints steel, just as it does on most of the components that got into its products. But from what I've seen, Thor and other makers aren't much better.

John Canfield said:
Do you have any hard data to offer in support of your analysis?

Rust where there shouldn't be any, according to a poster on this thread. Do you have data that shows no Winnebagos rust?

Oldedit said:
Obviously, Winnebago cuts corners when it buys and paints steel, just as it does on most of the components that got into its products.

Where did this come from: "just as it does on most of the components"

RVs are built to a budget keeping in mind what the consumer, you and me, will pay for. Winnebago uses mostly industry standard components. Sometimes there are better components available, but again it goes back to what the consumers at a given "level" of rig will pay. Cadillacs have some better components than Chevys, but then they cost more.

Under chassis rust unfortunately is fairly common in many, in not most, Motorhomes. But it is also relatively harmless and relatively easy to fix if you so chose.

ken

I am relieved to know the rust will not affect the chassis. I was concerned. We are going to address this issue soon. Thanks everyone for the input. I agree with Sarge, having  a motor home is a money pit. Unfortunately we have had more problems then most. Hopefully this will be in the past. BTW, we had the cracking paint issue on the rear panel addressed. The body work done at a bodyshop was great. We were afraid we would have to go to Iowa to have it done. We are now planning to go to Nova Scotia this summer or Fall, Mrytle Beach with friends and some local campgrounds. Lets hope fuel prices don't break the budget! :)

Where are you going in Nova Scotia? My dad owns a camp ground in Church Point.

No where in particular. Haven't been there in any years. Just want to meander around.

The dead chassis battery is probably due to not using the battery disconnect next to gas pedal. You should use it when parked.

Back
Top Bottom