Residential Refrigerators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

I've been asking so many questions of you folks and I really do appreciate all of the help you've been giving me.  I have one more question...Do any of you have residential refrigerators in your rigs and if so, what about when you boon dock (dry camp)?  I'm concerned with the batteries powering down and night when you have the heater, TV, and refrigerator and possibly a coffee pot going.  We are now trying to decide do we or don't we get the residential refrigerator.  It's beautiful and BIG, but if it's a pain in the keaster then it's out!  thanks in advance....

See this link....... http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=32067.0

Believe me you will never regret the residential refrigerator, your wife will love it... but if you keep a motorhome long enough with a absorption refrig, you will be cussing it out.

We now have the residential refrigerator, the new RV came equipped that way.  At first I had some misgivings (batteries --- same question you posed) but now I wouldn't want it any other way. Night and day difference --- go with the "real" refrigerator.

Thanks, definitely more yeahs than nays!!  And, we only dry camp a few times a year and for the most a week at a time.  Thanks again!

Although I have been rving for decades, this past January, at Quartzite was my first real boondock. I have a residential refer and just 4 house/start batteries. I ran the generator  for an hour in am, noon, and before I went to bed. never had a problem. glad I have the residential refer

Thanks Ernie, That's exactly what I was thinking I'd have to do.  Also, wouldn't it be possible to just turn it off at night and since it would be closed it would stay cold enough?  Just a thought, the beeping in my old unit drove us nuts.

A middle road to consider is the fridges equipped with Danfoss 12v compressors.

They eliminate the reliance on an inverter with everything that entails yet use a household-type refrigeration technology.

I myself am very happy with my absorption fridge but I know the Danfoss units work out well for people who have enough battery capacity to run them.

Back
Top Bottom