Holiday RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Once again, we'll be camped for the holidays in our kids' 5th wheel in their side yard at around 3500 feet in the Sierra foothills. Makes it convenient not to have to take the coach up there. Looks like it might be a white Christmas.

Where are y'all going to be over the holidays?

We'll be celebrating on our lot in Spring Branch.  Jayne is here with us for a while so we have company.  The only white we'll have is the gravel on the driveway :)  The forecast is for 80F on Tuesday.

Tom is helping one of the other guys cook turkey, ham and all the trimmings for the Christmas Dinner in the clubhouse at Timber Valley.  Margi is staying as far away from the kitchen as possible.  ;)

Margi

Ned said:
The forecast is for 80F on Tuesday.
I can think of a few choices words/names I could use right now to describe my contempt, but this IS a family site.  Yeh, yeh, we've also got wheels, but just can't get away right now.  Guess I'll just say I hope you have a nice Christmas (while we are freezing here  :'( ).

Sorry about that, didn't mean to upset anyone.  The high for today is only 59F if it makes you feel any better :)

We'll be at the Escapee park in Benson, AZ.  Christmas parties and activities started right after Thanksgiving.  On Christmas Eve we'll be going to a brown bag gift exchange and on Christmas day we'll be sharing a group meal at the clubhouse.  I'm bringing fruit salad for 20 people.

It cooled off this week.  It is now only 68 degrees outside  ;)

Jeannine

We'll be at San Mateo campground (San Onofre State Beach) by San Clemente. Supposed to rain between now and Thursday but hopefully Christmas will be sunny.

Hey, Tom, the San Francisco TV station last night was predicting 6-12 FEET of snow in the Sierra Nevada mountains - stay warm and dry :)

Wendy

Weather Channel late last night said 8-15' in the Sierras. ::)

Christmas Eve will be 10.30 at Christ the King in Abq with Fernando Ortegs in charge of music. Then, it's lumanaria tour time! There's nothing like a New Mexico Christmas.

Christmas Day we go over the river several times up i-25 to the Morris household.

We will spend Christmas here at home.  Our son and daughter-in-law will come over in the afternoon and fix us prime rib dinner.

At 8 a.m. the next day we plan to be on the road for Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

We're set up in St Petes.  Had a couple of cool days, but it has been warm and muggy the past few. 

Ed

Ned said:
Sorry about that, didn't mean to upset anyone.  The high for today is only 59F if it makes you feel any better :)

High for the day was predicted to be about 20? F but I doubt it will get to 12? F.  Low is predicted to be 15? F and I'm betting on 0 to 5? F.    BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

This year we are doing something different, we will be home since I just had neck surgery a couple of weeks ago and have to take it easy for awhile.  I would rather be on the road in some state park like we have been doing the past few years, oh well there is always next year.  Christmas day the forecast is for 50 degrees.  Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year.

Pat & Jim Dick will be joining us for Christmas at our place in The Forest  beginning 12/23 and staying for several days. Our daughter will join us on Christmas too.

68 here today and looks to be 70 most of the coming week.

Our daughter's family is going to Atlanta for Christmas, so, Lord willing, we are going to take the RV up to St. Augustine Beach for 6 days.  We've canceled two trips in the past 5 weeks due to my father-in-law's health, though, so this trip may or may not come to pass...

I was hoping for Sue Anne and I to be somewhere else over the Christmas holiday. However, with her falling, that was all changed. Soooo, here we are at home instead of on a tropical isle somewhere or on the coast in the motorhome.

I just wish Tom was here for Christmas, I'm sure he does too.  He is so funny, he has decided to make homemade noodles for part of their Christmas dinner in Angola for the guys.  They are having a deepfried turkey and other items for dinner, a lot of the guys are pretty good cooks, he is to when he wants to be.

My son and his wife are in S Korea, not sure how their Christmas will be he said he has been working practically 24/7 with the crisis going on over there. So all of us separate again.

But all have a very MERRRY CHRISTMAS! 

Preparing Christmas dinner here at home for my kids and their families.  Thinking maybe it will be the last year and next year we might make like the rest of the snowbirds and flock off down south.  A few days into the new year we are heading to southern and hopefully, warmer climates.  Doesn't look like it though following the weather on the weather network.

Merry Christmas to everyone, hope each and everyone of you has a wonderful, happy and safe holiday season.

We're at Sunrise Key RV park (its not the best, but its warm!) and will probably eat, go to the pool for a few hours, eat, drink, .....
Ernie

& read; our Christmas presents were Kindles; Why didn't we do this years ago?

mumble, mumble, mumble.
who has ever heard of going North for the winter...
Sharon and I are setup in Greensboro RV park for the holidays to visit with family (the good part  :) ).
temperatures are highs in 30s/40s lows in low 20s. (the bad part  :( ).
We left sunny down town Waco, TX temps in the 70s/80s (The sad part  :'( ).
So Merry Christmas to all - enjoy where ever you  ;D

Being a WorkCamper in a destination area, we will be working.  However, today, the 21st our day off, we will cook a Christmas Dinner here in the coach.  Saving enough leftover for Christmas night.  Christmas Eve we will have our traditional pasta dinner.

I have an article online on the other place that remains nameless here about away for the holidays. 

We will watch the gkids on Skype in the morning before work.

Back
Top Bottom