Proper hookup for aux 12v battery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GregScott

My Chevy 1200 Silverado has 1 batter and  a towing package...
I just bought a slide in A-liner pickup camper, wired for 110 and for 12v. It contains a spot for a 12V line in to the camper, which I presume goes directly to the RV battery and then to the only 12v accessories: a "dome light", and a smoke alarm.
We're talking a very minimal camper, no frills. I need lots of 12v battery power, I'm a photographer, and I use 12v batteries to charge my flash units.
Therefore, I want to be sure that I hook up the 12v system properly. The Camper has NO running lights, etc. I want to make sure I wire my truck as safely as possible to deliver the best 12v fused, protected power for charging the 12V camper battery. Can anybody tell me where to find the info on the hookup, how to do it properly, or even suggest the best way to find somebody to do it for me? Ideally, I want the battery to be charged efficiently even if I am just idling the pickup truck just to charge the Camper battery. 

There is a wire tied up under the brake booster that gets hooked to one of the posts on the power center under the hood to provide 12V aux power to the 7 pin connector.  You may have to buy a 30A fuse to power up the post.  There is a web site I believe it is fullsizechevy.com that has a good illustrated instruction on how to power up that line. 

Back
Top Bottom