Address to use for opening a stock/brokerage account?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Python49

I use a mail forwarding service address like others but recently I looked into opening a brokerage account to do some investing and my broker said that they wouldn't be able to use my address from my mail forwarding service?

Our broker ( R W Baird) is in Wisconsin and we use a mail forwarding address in Texas and have for 13 years.

The A. G. Edwards firm in Redding, CA used our FMCA (Cincinnati, Ohio) mail forwarding address and, subsequently, our Livingston, TX (Escapees) address for about 15 years. 

Margi

>>my broker said that they wouldn't be able to use my address from my mail forwarding service?<<

Get another broker.... We use Merrill Lynch & they have no problems with our PMB address.

Python,

Was it an issue of your brokerage firm/broker  not being licensed in the state in  which  you have an address?  That could have been the stumbling block .  Ask lots of questions as you see it can be done but maybe  a different firm.
Betty

I think Betty hit the nail on the head.  I seem to remember that our broker balked at having to be licensed in one of the states.  When we suggested we might switch brokers, the "problem" miraculously disappeared.  ;)

Margi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPK550
Back
Top Bottom