Problem with RV Comfort.ZC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mercoupe50

I am the new owner of a 2006 Pace Arrow with 2 A/C's and Heat pumps.  I have tried the reset with the fuse removal procedure but I still have the following problem.  When I put the fuse back in, it comes up with zone 1 and then goes to zone 2.  It won't go back to zone 1 when I toggle the zone switch.  I have all the fluorescent lights off.  It is about 34 degrees outside so when I go to heat in zone 2 it seems to be going to gas periodically but it really doesn't put out much heat.  Any ideas????
Thanks,
David

I went through those exact symptoms this past summer/fall. Same arrangement, with RV Comfort, 2 heat pumps and unable to switch zones. If yours was like mine, the few moments that zone 1 was displayed, it showed 72?. In any case, it was the control box on the front (zone 1) heat pump. It had gone out in July after only about 3 months of use on a new Bounder, and with the hassle between dealer trying to troubleshoot and Fleetwood, it was finally fixed in October. Thankfully it was under warranty, or I'd have had an expensive troubleshooting bill for relatively poor performance.

A strange thing happened while messing with the control box in zone 1.  I removed the control box and took off the cover.  I connected all of the cables back on it that I had unplugged.  I wiggled wires on the board along with components etc and the green LED came on.  I found out this green LED lights when +12v is present to the PCB.  I went to the thermostat and zone 1 was selected.  Now everything works.  I tried to get the LED to go out again by moving wires etc. but I can't get it to happen.  I guess it is just a matter of time before it goes out again though.  At least for now all systems go.

I have a 2017 Pace Arrow LXE 38F equipped with a ?RV Comfort ZC thermostat? made by the Coleman Co.  Recently I noticed I could not toggle between zones 1&2; the unit stayed on zone 2 not allowing me to switch back to zone 2.  I unplugged the thermostat waiting 5 minutes thinking this action would reboot the unit.  When I plugged it back in it momentarily showed zone 1.  When I toggled to zone 2 and then backed to zone 1, it would not go back to zone 1 no matter what I did.  I took my MH to the dealer I bought it from and after an hour of diagnosis, they discovered the zone button would only work if it was pressed on one side or the other of the button itself; intermittent at best.  They installed a new thermostat, at Coleman?s technicians? direction....problem solved!  As it turned out, the thermostat?s zone button was?t making complete contact.  Coleman authorized the repair under warranty ?

Back
Top Bottom