Christmas mini-rally in Spring Branch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
Jayne has been our guest here while she continues the work on her trailer and she celebrated Christmas with us.  Yesterday we had a non-traditional dinner of Texas barbecue with lots of trimmings, followed by cookies and candies from a neighbor.  The weather was sunny and cool, and today is sunny and cold.  The low this morning was 30?F but no pipes or hoses froze.  Quite a change from Friday when we had 1" of rain.

Today, another RV Forum couple are coming over to spend the afternoon with us.  They arrived at Potters Creek Park yesterday.

Attachments

• Jayne and Sasha 2 [800x600].jpg
    Jayne and Sasha 2 [800x600].jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Jayne and Lorna [800x600].jpg
    Jayne and Lorna [800x600].jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 54
  • The Groaning Board [800x600].jpg
    The Groaning Board [800x600].jpg
    108 KB · Views: 48
No snow here in St Petes, even at home, there has been torrential rain, heavy winds with storm surges, but no snow.  That may change with the system going up the coast.

Ed

Ditto what Ned said!

This morning about 11:00........  But I am NOT complaining after seeing the pictures of the folks shoveling mud out of their homes in CA!

Wish we at the Spring Branch Rally -- first for the excellent company, second for the Texas BBQ!

Be Well.

Attachments

• Shoveling Snow 122610 1.jpg
    Shoveling Snow 122610 1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Shoveling Snow 122610 2.jpg
    Shoveling Snow 122610 2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 33
Don, what is that thing in your hands? :D  I'll think of you as we finish off the BBQ later today.

Today Joe and Lynn came to visit us and had a second Christmas dinner.  Joe is a lurker on the Forum.  We met them last spring when they came to our rally.  We had a really nice visit with them.

Attachments

• Joe and Lynn (Small).JPG
    Joe and Lynn (Small).JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 43
Ned,

First, Joe and Lynn have to stop being lurkers!!!! :)

Second, please give Jayne our best. It's been too long since we've seen her.

Finally, Pat wondered just today if you were having your standing rib roast for Christmas. Guess you answered that questioned. ;D Sure hope you all had a great time!!!!

We haven't done a prime rib in the motor home, but may cook a whole tenderloin for New Years.  It depends on how much ransom the butcher wants for it :)

If we ever move so I don't need one, I will agree with you.  In the meantime it is predicted to snow about 12" in the next few days so it will be handy to have.  Now I may not need it if the neighbor gets the plow mounted on his ATV!!  :)

Yesterday marks the 3rd day since Thanksgiving that the temperature rose above freezing, it got to 40? F!!

Jim,

Really loved visiting with you and Pat this summer but really glad we are not there now!!!! i've been watching the temps at Yellowstone and just thinking about them makes me cold!!!! ;D ;D

Jim,

You really would not like it tonight.  Since morning the temperature has dropped to 15 degrees, we have got about 4 inches of snow and it is blowing about 8 to 10mph and drifting.  As of this morning W. Yellowstone had 10 inches of new snow overnight and at least 2X that predicted for the next 24 hours. 

At times today it was hard to see the houses across the street.  But this is why we enjoy the winter,  Tomorrow will be play time in the snow!!

Jim,

Thanks for the weather report. Hope you and Pat enjoy the snow. Take pictures, that's the only way I enjoy it now! ;D ;D ;D

It got down to the 20's last night in the forest as well as in Titusville. Supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow so I might get in a bike ride with a couple of friends. I keep the weather for Grand Canyon, West Yellowstone, and Titusville on my dashboard for the Mac. Makes me glad I'm here.  :)

The forecast is for a high of 74 here in Spring Branch today.  That is, once the fog clears.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom