I have information on the new Dish Network RV "Pay as you Go" plan. I am only sharing information I received and am not affiliated with Dish Network nor any Dish Network Dealers. I have personally used DirecTV for many years and, like others, have experienced problems. And feel like I am overpaying for a basic package of services (ie fee for this, fee for that). I am presently pondering whether to make the change to Dish. It appears I could save some money and have a "RV Friendly" product. Here is a quick summary of the features:
• Purchase RV receiver for $149.99
• No monthly receiver fee
• No activation or cancellation fees.
• $39.99 for 120 channels, other packages and premium channels offered with additional fees
• Minimum enrollment is one month, to stop service don’t pay the next month.
• One time activation fee of $99 for HD channels
• Add a hard drive to the receiver to activate DVR feature
• No monthly DVR fee
• Distant Channels are not available at this time. They should be available sometime in 2011. And, will likely require the “letter of intent” approval
You can get additional information at this site:http://www.dishformyrv.com/
I am curious to hear others opinions of this new plan.