Thought I'd start by sharing some of the Mods we've done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theberrys

Here's a link to pictures of some of the mods we've done to our 99 Tradewinds.

http://cid-ae67fff392766057.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/RV%20Mods

Seemed like a good way to break the ice.

Great job, but you didn't say what product you used? And did you have to remove any carpet from under a slide out?

I'm amazed!  8)  If you ever decide to sell your RV (I'm talking in 20-30 years when you're done RV'ing, I'll probably be ready for a newer rig by then) consider me an interested buyer!  ;)

Interesting and you've done a lot of work.. looked at some of them but stopped after having to block 5 cookies trying to load on every one of the pictures .. curious .. why all the cookies ?

gbpine

Here is the product we used from Home Depot http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigation?storeId=10051&categoryID=4215&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&IN_NAVIGATION= 4215&IN_LOCAL_STORE=8119&navFlow=3&searchRedirect=dupont laminate flooring&cm_sp=searchredirect-_-DuPont_plp-_-x-_-x&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&IN_NAVIGATION_NUM_RECORDS=0&IN_RETURN_REFINEMENTS=false&locStoreNum=3511 NOTE you may have to copy the complete link into your browser, it starts a=at http: and ends at 3511, for some reason it didn't all translate to a link on the board. If all else fails go to HomeDepot.com ans search for "DuPont Laminate Flooring".
We bought on line to get free delivery and not deal with getting it home. The trim packages were very easy to use and did a nice job on the interface from laminate to carpet, also around the shower and the 1/4 quarter round worked well, although I thought it was a bit large it matched the tile and was easy to install.  Our project cost about $800 including the trim and molding. If you do choose this product then one of these tools is absolute required, but Home Depot doesn't bother to tell you about it. http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202019685/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 Without the wedge in this tool kit the job is impossible.

We did have to remove the carpet and more important the padding and about a gazillion staples. Our slide doesn't fit flush with the floor when extended so I could reach under it with this tool, http://www.harborfreight.com/16-inch-long-reach-pliers-set-38598.html I used the straight ones not the curved nose nose ones. It was a bit tedious but we Got Er Dun with some patience and perseverance.

The ceiling is a whole other story but I'm guessing your intrested in the flooring project so I won't ramble on about the ceiling (but I could  ;) ).

Scotty

The one disadvantage of doing these fun projects is, you have so much of yourself invested in the coach you can't bear to part with it. But I'll mention it to my kids because there the ones who will have to dispose of it after I'm gone,  :-\ With only 55K miles on the Cat 3126 engine it for sure will outlast me. My wife and I have looked at newer coaches but just don't see that were getting enough of an upgrade to justify the huge dollar difference. :eek:

WhiteEagle

This is the first I've heard about the cookies. I guess my Norton 360 just blocks them and doesn't report them one at a time. The Web Space is provided as part of my ISP service through Qwest using MSN services and I don't get any control or even knowledge of what they do cookie-wise. Sorry  :-[

Theberrys said:
Scotty

The one disadvantage of doing these fun projects is, you have so much of yourself invested in the coach you can't bear to part with it.

I totally understand, and was halfway kidding as I'll hopefully buy something newer long before you stop running yours up and down the road.  8)  But I would love to find a rig obviously cared for as much as you have loved yours!

The one disadvantage of doing these fun projects is, you have so much of yourself invested in the coach you can't bear to part with it.

Isn't that the truth.. When I finish this remodel, it will be very hard for me to part with mine as much time, money and effort as I've put into her.

My wife jokingly refers to her as my mistress.. LOL. At least she knows where to find me. :)

About how much did it cost to paint your MH?  I have a '98 National Dolphin, 36' and it has some cracked decals.

Thanks,

John

John

The total cost of the paint job was $7,500.00. I had it done here in Albuquerque by a RV repair shop who had just set himself up for painting business. He has asked me not to give his name out or not to publish the price because according to him he can't afford to do this job for the money. I think but don't know for sure he's charging about $15.000.00 for the same paint job now. In any case after visiting the shop weekly to take pictures of the progress, I'm sure there are way too many man hours to make money at $7,500.00.

So I guess the short answer from my point of view is.... You probably know more about the cost of a paint job on your coach than I do.

Back
Top Bottom