Rebates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

:'( Have you folks had as much trouble as I have getting rebates? I especially have problems with D-Link Systems. They either refuse because I didn't send in a UPC or some other thing while I am sure it was included and done as they request. Just received a refusal because I sent in a barcode but not the UPC. It looked like a UPC to me. Seems like they want to test me every time. I check and double check the paperwork but they still seem to find something wrong. D-Link is OFF my preferred vendor list! :-[

Wayne

Wayne

Last time I bought something like that it was at Staples (or was that Best Buy?) and I was able to complete the rebate info online. The rebate check turned up a week later.

Wayne,

We have had some problems in the past in getting rebates. I believe many vendors try to postpone any rebate in hopes you will forget or not pursue the issue. I'm sure they save thousands of dollars that way. We keep track of every rebate and make a copy of all paperwork. My wife dates all paperwork so she can easily explain what happened on our end.

I had a problem with a rebate on discs from Staples. Steve Pally was also involved. He pursued the issue with them and they gave us numbers to call. Bottom line was the company issuing the rebate went bankrupt. When Staples found out, they honored the rebate instead. Now that promotes customer satisfaction!!!

Wayne

I have a set procedure with my rebate applications and have had 100% success in eventually receiving them. First I scan the entire package that I am mailing in to the rebate center, so I have documentation to follow up with in case of issues. Next, I usually wind up reading the instructions 3 times, and have figured out the gotchas in most of them. The bar code bit is an old one and many rebate offers even give you a diagram to differentiate between the SKU bar code and the UPC. I have sent in rebates to D-Link before and, while they are slow, did come thru. I liked the product and just bought D-Link upgrades from 801.11b to g.  Net after rebate, it was only $20 each for the router and USB connection. It's 5 weeks since I sent in the rebate and don't expect to see the money for another 5. :)

You should always keep the entire box and packing material until you receive your rebate in case there is a denial issue so that you can resubmit the proper pieces. By the way, D-Link isn't the worst of the bunch, HP and other "big names" have given more grief.

I can't find the box for the De-Link or the file where I scanned it. Must have thrown it away. The Cingular scanned ones I found, and got 2 0f the 3 rebates. One more to go.

Wayne

Bernie

Thanks for the advice. I agree, what you said should be done and I try to do a lot of it. However, this time I think I mght not have done all the protection work. Maybe next time.

Wayne

Tom said:
Wayne

Last time I bought something like that it was at Staples (or was that Best Buy?) and I was able to complete the rebate info online. The rebate check turned up a week later.

I recently bought a product frome Staples and used their online rebate service.  Really was much easier.

judway said:
Ron

How do they handle the UPC code?

Wayne

The Staples receipt has a transaction number and that is all that is asked for.  Apparently Staples provides the rest.  Only did it once but worked very well with no hassle. Only way to improve it would be just to mark the price down accordingly and forget the rebate.

!!!Only way to improve it would be just to mark the price down accordingly and forget the rebate.!!!

Ron

;D Now you are talking.

Wayne

Found a copy of all the paperwork, so I think I am covered. Looks like I sent more than they asked for. Probably the processing gal over in India or Pakistan didn't recognize it.  ;D

Wayne

judway said:
Found a copy of all the paperwork, so I think I am covered. Looks like I sent more than they asked for. Probably the processing gal over in India or Pakistan didn't recognize it.? ;D

Wayne

See yopu probably overwelmed them with information. ;D  They are probably programed that you must have this, this, and this.  By sending more than the asked for they just couldn't handle that.

Ron said:
See yopu probably overwelmed them with information.

Ron,

A wise person once said "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffel them with BS."  :)

Phil

Back
Top Bottom