Need a sofa replacement idea....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

Moderator Emeritus
On the galley slide, we have a 48" space between the counter and the front wall of the slide that is occupied by a small sofa with heating ducts below it. I am sure this space is very similar in many floor plans.

After five months of full timing and learning to "wear" our coach, we have decided this sofa is worthless for our style of living. I would like to replace it with a recliner or something similar that can be cocked about 45 degrees (or offset from the side of the coach) while watching the front overhead TV.

We have not been in enough other coaches yet to see how others resolved a similar issue.

1) have you solved this problem?
2) is the replacement chair/recliner fixed in some way to the slide floor?
3) is there enough room to spin slightly to exit the chair?
4) what happens with the furnace ducts?
5) got pictures of a similar or better solution?
6) got a better idea?

Another "inquiring minds" question for those with far greater experience than ours.

Sure! The cats are the acknowledged owners of the love seat, thus the attempts to keep their little claws out of the leather. Won't they be surprised!

Attachments

• DSC_0002_love seat.jpg
    DSC_0002_love seat.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0001_love seat.jpg
    DSC_0001_love seat.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 94
Is your heater in a side cabinet? Thanks for the photos. Looks like cutting the duct and installing a grill would do the trick. Probably 4 bolts holding that on the slide.

The forward heater is under the stove, I think. Under the sink is another duct, similar to the ones under the love seat, and all the noise (fan? pretty scientific, huh) comes out from under the stove behind a louvered wooden grill.

Since we augment the heating in the front of the coach with an oil filled electric radiator, anyway, I would not think rerouting or changing the outlet for that heat would create a heating problem.

skyking4ar2 said:
Since we augment the heating in the front of the coach with an oil filled electric radiator, anyway, I would not think rerouting or changing the outlet for that heat would create a heating problem.

I think you are right, as long as the duct still retains it's original flow rate, and is not capped off. Your owner's/installation manual for your heater should specify the total amount of square inches on the supplies that are required for proper furnace operation.

Back
Top Bottom