Tire Presure Probs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Racer

I was reading one of the topics on the tire pressure probes. ? how do they work, can I use them on my tow and 5who.
Were can I get them? ???

The Pressure Pro is a popular model of tire pressure sensor that is easily installed (less than 30 minutes and no tools) on any RV, including truck & trailer.  It can monitor both the tow vehicle and trailer tires - see http://www.advantagepressurepro.com/

Installation is easy - just plug the monitor panel into a 12V (cigarette lighter) outlet and screw the sensors onto the tire valve stems.  You can attach the monitor panel to your dashboard with velcro or double sided tape or just let it sit/lay free if you like.  It doesn't even need to be visible at all times - an alarm will sound if your attention is needed.

One of our members, Bernie Dobrin liked it so much he now sells them to other RVers.  I got mine a year ago from www.rvupgrades.com and have been happy with it - it "works as advertised".

We got our Pressure Pros from Bernie.  They monitor all ten tires 6 on the MH and 4 on the toad.  Really work great.  Send Bernie a PM.

We have an article in our library which discusses some options for tire pressure monitoring. Click the Library button above, select Tech topics, then click Tire pressure monitoring.

Which reminds me I need to update the article with the installation photos  I recently posted in this message.

How do they work?  They replace the valve caps and the replacement caps have small, battery powered radio transmitters in them... They report to a receiver/compuer which is very small and attaches to your dash or visor using clips, velcro or screws, very flexable mounting

They work very well and report tire pressure either about once every five mintues or when there is a sudden change or a 10% drop in pressure.  Normally the display is slient and dark, unless there is a tire with low pressure

Instalation is as easy as checking your tire pressure

Where do you get them... BernieD, a forum member, sells them

The library article is now illustrated. Click Library/Tech topics/Tire pressure monitoring to view.

If anyone has (non-copyrighted) photos of a Smartire installation I'll gladly add them to the article.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom