Storage for winter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

Next winter we may work at Yellowstone, and with minus 30 to 40 degrees it is just a bit much for most any standard motorhome, so they provide an apartment.  So, this means we need to store our MH from Dec to end of Feb.  We have family in Ogden, UT we visit with on our way in and out, but none have storage space, plus we would like to travel a bit between, this puts us down in the AZ area.  Any ideas of cost?  Been looking a little, not seeing pricing online so far.  Like to find a secure place where winterizing isn't needed.  Then again, that task isn't very difficult either. 

Bill,
Two years ago I kept our rig in a storage lot, well secured, near Queen City. IIRC it was around 130 per month. If you need I will dig out the receipt it was listed in the local yellow pages.
Know what you mean about cold temps I wasn't happy with temps in the teens, lots of draft around the slides.
good luck and see you this summer.
Jim

Just a wild thought, but is there any chance the NPS would let you park it at Yellow Stone?  Yep, you would need to winterize, but it would sure be convenient, and you would be able to keep an eye on it. 

The temps here so fay have hit -9 according to my therm, according to a friend, -21.  I dn't know which was correct, but it wasn't bad.  Especially since it was just a wave, the coach handled it just fine.  A long time at that, I don't know.  I have no slides, so in this weather that s an advantage. 

As to storing at Ystone, they might, but it wouldn't work logistically.  We would be leaving the park in early Nov, return in mid Dec.  Need a place to live in between, and can't drive it back in on return.  A storage in West Yellowstone or Idaho Falls, that sort of thing could work. 

Park County Fair grounds in Livingston, Mt rents out their bulidings, not heated but sheltered.

Ernie, that might be an idea, but hoping for someplace further south, that way we can travel, then leave it and head back.  Tucson would be ideal.

PancakeBill said:
Ernie, that might be an idea, but hoping for someplace further south, that way we can travel, then leave it and head back.  Tucson would be ideal.
Hey Bill - an old thread, but are you still looking to store in AZ?  We're in Tucson right now, and might have an option for you. :)

Dougie.

Back
Top Bottom