King Dome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

I'm sure some of you that have been on this forum for some time have gone over this subject many times and I apologize for having to bring it up again but I'm frustrated.  We were talked into the King Dome and Dish Network, salesman telling us it would work just as good as our Traveler did with Direct.  I'm having a really hard time getting it connected.  This morning the tech talked me through setting up one of the receivers, which after what he had me do was able to lock onto the 3 satellites.  Then, the dish guy tells me that now I need to unplug that receiver and swap it with the other one so that I can do the switch check on that one.  Well, tried 5 times and it won't lock on to all the satellites.  Finally, it locked onto 110-119 and I figured, "what the heck" it's the bedroom, I don't need HD in there.  So, I downloaded the guides and tried to turn on the TVs, putting them both on just a regular local channel and got a message from both saying that they were sorry but that channel wasn't available now.  Is this normal?  I've switched my house and now I think I may regret doing so because I think I should've paid the extra 2K and had the dish changed out to the traveler.  Any suggestions as to how to get multiple receivers to work would be most appreciated.

Depending on where in the country you are,  there are different satellites you need to connect to.  There are also different satellite groups for SD and HD.  These new to me programmed into the dome.

Make sure the dome is coded for HD and you are aimed at the right group. If it's not coded right,  you'll need to use a programmer for it. The dealer did it for me.

Mrschwarz,
We decided to change our our Dome to a Traveler and have not regretted it.  I had a Traveler on my old mh and was really happy with the service.  We do a lot of Winter camping and we are early risers so the fact that the dome can be susceptible to dew and rain, we decided to go with the Traveler which isn't bothered by either of those.  We also didn't like the fact that both TV's had to watch the same satellite at the same time.  I like the flexibility of being able to watch whatever I want at either TV's.  JFWIW!!!

I can't help you with Dish, but I have had a King Dome and Direct for 6 years and am happy with it. It worked the first time and worked every time I have upgraded receivers.  Be, had I known then what I know now, I would have just opted for a tripod mounted dual LNB dish and two receivers. The cost of that is $100 and I can always put the dish where I can get a strong signal.

If you have a AV control box in the system, that may be a problem if not connected correctly.

The first thing I would do is to connect the receiver (and TV) to an external tripod mounted dish or if convenient into your house's dish. Get that working and you can eliminate those two as problems.

Then I would add the control box into the mix. If that works, you now know you might have a King Dome issue.

It is frustrating. I once inadvertantly hooked up one of the coax cables backward and went thru hours of troubleshooting for nothing.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom