tv problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjones2004

I have a 2004 chevrolet express van southern comfort high top conversion van. The tv went out today and I took it out so I could put a lcd flatscreen in. The tv was a 12 volt that was connected via a 4 prong connector to the back of the tv. How would I go about wiring a power inverter to that for my lcd?

First I'd like to know what is on the 4 pins.. however if your LCD is a 12 volt model you just replace the plug.

If not then I'd disregard the 12 volt wiring in the compartment, mount a small TSW inverter near the batteries, (But not in the same air space) using heavy cable between the two  (Let's see 30 amps, 12 volt perhaps 8 or larger wire for a short run) and route standard 120 volt cable up behind the TV from there.

John From Detroit said:
First I'd like to know what is on the 4 pins.. however if your LCD is a 12 volt model you just replace the plug.

If not then I'd disregard the 12 volt wiring in the compartment, mount a small TSW inverter near the batteries, (But not in the same air space) using heavy cable between the two  (Let's see 30 amps, 12 volt perhaps 8 or larger wire for a short run) and route standard 120 volt cable up behind the TV from there.
12volt wiring in the compartment is not so costly....?

Back
Top Bottom