Activity Planning for Quartzsite 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
This is NOT the thread to sign up and say you will be coming to join us for the Quartzsite Rally.  This is the place to share  some of the  thoughts I have been having about activities in Quartzsite for those who have already decided to  attend.  Please don't let this discussion scare you into NOT coming as all activites are optional but I sort of guarantee fun with my little antics. 

In a recent  thread following Catalina State Park at New Years, I was given several very special commendations for past rally activites.  This has gotten me to thinking.........OH NO she's thinking.

I had a chance to meet with Lucy Akers this afternoon and we cooked up a theme for some of  the events.  Think Churchill Downs,  horse racing, big bonnets and wagers! Think teams, think hors dourvres, think competition.  Think of your video camera so we can record this event.  Every activity will be contingent on weather.

I am opening the nominations here for "things" you would like to do in addition to daily walks and the potluck!

One thought  both Lucy and I had was to re-do the 12 Days of Quartzsite Story for the new folks. ???  So may the  nominations begin please and know we can't do it all but you will have a chance to  give input here!

Betty

I'd like to do a field trip out to the possible sites we discussed for a future Qtz rally - Plomosa Road, etc. Those who visit those sites can report back, pros and cons.

We can do new name badges that combine Quartzsite and the theme you come up with if you want.

Wendy

Wow!  Principal Betty and Dr. Lucy working together!  You really know how to make a gal miss being there!

Margi

I'm all for sitting around a campfire, just enjoying the ambiance :)

I'd like to have a gathering of all the eReader owners so we can compare. That could be a nice afternoon around the campfire ring.

Wendy

That works for me.  We could exchange free ebooks too.

Maby some off road adventures for some of us with 4X4 UTVs? By the way what about wood for the fires. Should everyone try to bring some?  Bob S.

Bob Schultz said:
  Maby some off road adventures for some of us with 4X4 UTVs? By the way what about wood for the fires. Should everyone try to bring some?  Bob S.

Yes on firewood and yes on off road adventures!
BB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom