Front Lower LCD Conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeverden

I have just pulled out the old CRT tv from the front of my 99 FourWinds Windsport 30Q and now I need to fill the hole with something so I can mount a new LCD.

Anyone out there ever done this before?  One thought was to just build an insert shelf where I could mount the TV to.  I see lots of top tv conversions but no lower ones...  Do I have to upgrade and of the cables as well?  I will take some pics and post more later.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jay

I am interested in how you do this.  I am thinking of doing the upgrade to my lower mounted analog tv but I can only fit a 26" in the opening.

I also have a lower, cabinet mounted set, and am gearing up to convert. My idea is to mount the LCD set on the dash above the present position, after building a lid over the present hole. Then build in shelves and swing doors to use the wasted space. I propose to hinge the new set at the bottom and fold it down for travel, I've been warned to provide a support for the screen as its glass and will break in the lay down position. I can use a 32 inch X 22 inch LCD and everything will fit and should work well.>>>Dan

I have attached 2 pictures - 1 is where I pulled the old CRT television out and will be somehow adding an lcd

The second - I don't know what it is - Any assistance?

Jay

Attachments

• 000_0011.JPG
    000_0011.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 000_0012.JPG
    000_0012.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 148
The top picture shows the TV antenna jack and 12VDC outlet for a 12VDC TV.  There should also be a switch on the that plate to turn the antenna amplifier on.  The other plate is a standard 120VAC duplex outlet.

Yes, you should.  Just turn the amplifier switch off and you can get the park cable.  Turn it on and you get the batwing antenna.  The duplex outlet is for a TV as is the 12VDC outlet.

What cabinet is that outlet in?  Since your original TV was in the dash, it's probably for a second TV.

My Pace arrow has a similar setup.  The dash pic is where the front TV was.  Mine is the same spot but with a lift so I can raise it up.  I a guessing the other pic is in the bedroom?

no the other pic is the cuboard right above and behind the driver's seat - kind of weird place for it.

Anyway, getting back to the tv, my original plan was to install the lcd tv exactly where the old CRT tv went, but first build an insert shelf to fit and secure in the hole.  I would then install the tv using a swing and tilt tv arm so it can move out a bit or in when travelling.  Does this sound like a good idea or is there a better way?

I wish there were pictures from those who may have made the same upgrade, (tv on the floor like I have).
There are lots with the tv on top between the cabinets.

Regards and thanks for the info so far..

Jay

I am thinking of doing the same thing, my thoughts were to use a lift to lift the tv.  But what type of lift will fit in the dash area?

Ned said:
Jay,

See this topic for pictures of our in dash TV mounting project.

Love the idea and quality of work Ned. We don't have a low television, but I've been thinking about building a lap top desk on the passenger side dash. I think the DW would love it while on the road, and it would really be nice for a permanent place for it while parked. Always nice to see someones done it before.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom