Experience with the Ideal Rest? Digital Comfort Control mattress?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dar

If you have owned or have experience with the Ideal Rest? Digital Comfort Control mattress could you tell me your thoughts on it? Particularly, is it cold to the touch? Thanks

It it is anything like a Comfortaire, Select Comfort or Sleep Number, then there is enough of a topper on it that it isn't any more cold than a regular mattress.  If you will be camping/rving in a colder climate, I would suggest getting a heated mattress pad for any bed you have.  Happy trails!

1GypsyRose said:
It it is anything like a Comfortaire, Select Comfort or Sleep Number, then there is enough of a topper on it that it isn't any more cold than a regular mattress.  If you will be camping/rving in a colder climate, I would suggest getting a heated mattress pad for any bed you have.  Happy trails!

If you get any 120volt heated bed device, mattress pad, electric blanket, etc., be sure you have a full sine wave inverter and not a modified sine inverter.  These devices now have an electronic control and will usually burn out/fail when used with the modified sine inverters.

There is no problem with 12 volt devices.

Dar,
We have that mattress in our new Meridian, and we absolutely LOVE it!  It is the most comfortable mattress we've ever owned.  It is not cold and does have a pillow topper.  My DH and I thought we liked our mattress different but I guess after 40+ years, we're more alike than we thought because when we set our numbers, we put them on the same number!

Regards,
Mikie

4ducksrus said:
Dar,
We have that mattress in our new Meridian, and we absolutely LOVE it!  It is the most comfortable mattress we've ever owned.  It is not cold and does have a pillow topper.  My DH and I thought we liked our mattress different but I guess after 40+ years, we're more alike than we thought because when we set our numbers, we put them on the same number!

Regards,
Mikie

I have Sleep Number (Select Comfort) mattresses. You both may have the same number, but have you ever switched sides? I think you'd find that your 35 results in a different feel for you than his 35 does. He's heavier (or at least that's the likely scenario), so he requires more (or is it less - anyway it's different) air pressure to get to 35 than you do at your lighter weight.

Good to know!  We haven't tried switching side yet, we've only owned it for a week!  And since he does outweigh me by about 100lbs, I'm thinking you probably have a point.  Next trip, I think we'll give it a try and I'll let you know.  As it stands now, it is still the most comfortable bed I've slept in.  Makes me want to go out and sleep in my driveway!  LOL

Thanks everyone for your input. I was leery because we tried the select number years back and it was rubbery cold. I figured the topper made a difference but wanted to be sure.

4ducksrus said:
Dar,

Regards,
Mikie

Mikie, I figured you got the bed in your new 40U and was hoping you'd contribute. Thanks (so are you going to start lugging the mattress between the house and MH :eek: or maybe just buy a 2nd ;D?)

We are hoping to retire in March and then are going to be living in the RV for months at a time.  Would love to do it full time, but we're not sure that's exactly right for us.  After a few months on that bed I will probably need to buy one for the house too!

A standard king bed in North America is 76" x 80". A "California King" is 72' x 84". I've never heard of a California King in a production motorhome (I'm sure some custom ones have them).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom