Am I Being Unreasonable ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gary,

Not only do we do the PDI but many times the owner comes out before the delivery to be sure the rig is ready. Sometimes we have 3 guys working to clean up some stuff that he has found but was missed by the cleaning guy! As a result many of us know what he looks for and we try to find it before he does. :)

I'm glad I logged on today. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience at Lazydays!? They just lost my business!!
My wife and I will now look for our Diesel-Pusher at another dealer.? I would not put up with this kind of treatment!
I would have cancelled my check!? ?This kind of thing makes me angry.? There are many Fleetwood dealers to choose from and
Lazydays was on the top of our list.? We will go with our another choice now!? This kind of thing should never happen-even when
purchasing a new car, not to mention an RV in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.? I understand that there will be many people
that will say that this normally doesn't occur, but the way I look at it-if it happens once-it will most-likely happen again, and I don't
want it to happen to my wife and I.? ?
Thank you for sharing with us about your terrible experience with Lazydays.
Regards,
KMan

Kman,

Please keep in mind this happens at more dealerships as well. I agree it shouldn't happen but it does. I hope your experience is better than Paul's. We had one delivery that was OK at LD and the other was great. It really depends upon the personnel involved. Ken Ware was our sales person the second time and we were more than satisfied. Randy Scholenburger(sp?) was our first and last for him.

Ken Ware was our salesman too.  We took delivery at the ACA prerally to a FMCA convention so the coach came from the factory all preped.  However there were some things we wanted done and while at Lazy Days Ken Ware made sure they got done.  Ken can get things done.

KMan,

Please keep us updated with how you go on at other dealers, I am another Brit chomping at the bit to visit American to buy my RV and have been following Paul's problems very closely.

Guys, I am very sorry to keep reading you saying that this is the normal way things are done at American dealers, all I can say is look what happened to the British motorcycle and car manufacturers.  :'(

British caravans have a reputation amongst the British that they ALL leak and the normal Brit use to accept that.

Now he is voting with his feet and buying German equipment which is guaranteed NOT to leak for 5 years.

I have listened to this thread and wouold like to offer the following:

1. The real culprit here is Fleetwood for not delivering a quality coach.

2. It would have helped to have the salesman available to ride herd on this projest. After all he is the one who received the commission.

3. In the 33 years we have owned 5 m/hs if there is one thing I have learned when dealing with repair facilities, when they tell you x dollars and y days tp fix it-DOUBLE It!

Unfortunately I think I am saying if you would like to derive the enjoyment we have recieved from our RVs plan on dealing with the problems and keep your perspective so when you do end up in a beautiful locale having a great time your memories of the problems don't spoil it all.

I don't agree!? ?If all the people just let everyone get away with poor quality and poor service, the companies will just keep doing it!? I, for one, do not subscribe to this newer attitude.? If I purchase something that is supposed to be new and free of defects, then that's what it should be.? Not, give me the money, and we will try to get the company to pay for something that should not have been defective in the first place. And in the meantime, you can just wait to see what they will pay for.? NO-NO-NO!!!? For example, if you go into a store to purchase a new suit and when you pick it up it has a tear in it or stain on it, will you except the expression "We will try to have it repaired for you as soon as we can after we call to get authorization from the manufacturer".? ?I don't think so!? ?Why is it any different when you spend a couple hundred dollars vs. a couple thousand dollars?? ?ITS NOT!!? People have become complacient in this area and its a shame.? ?We used to demand quality and service and it used to be the norm---- Now we might complain until we are blue in the face, but there never is any consequences for the manufacturer.? So, they continue to treat people this way knowing that most will complain, but not where it counts---in the companys' pocket book!? ?I will state again, if it happens at one dealership one time, it will happen at that dealership another, and I don't and won't be the person that it happens to.? Also like I said before, if that situation happened to me, I would not have hesitated one second to get my money back from the dealership and taken my business elsewhere.? Then, and only then, will they take notice and possibly change their methods.? ?If they are receiving a poor quality RVs from a certain manufacturer and can't get them to change, then they should not sell their product! :(
Regards,
KMAN

KMan,

You are 100% correct, I counldn't have put it better myself,but here's a thought..........If this sort of thing is happening in the States where the manufacturer and dealer are at least in the same country what chance do the British RV dealers have to contend with?

Hi Ron

We are now at Lazydays for tonight and tomorrow night (sun & mon).

The windshield is scheduled for tomorrow morning - and it needs 6-8 hrs to 'set'

Whilst here, we have Camping World installing an Ultra Guard Skirt.

Hopefully, LD can work at the front whilst CW work at the rear.

We have just purchased the Ford Focus and, whilst the funds are being transfered from the UK, Brandon Ford have kindly offered to deliver it to our chosen garage for the baseplate installation. Hopefully, the car will be ready by Thursday at the latest.

One worrying development we've had on the RV is brake noise....

Nearly every time we use the brakes, we get a VERY load screeching/squeeling noise.

Is this normal ? - the noise is really annoying, especially when you pull-up to cars and they have to hear the noise at head height to their vehicle.

Paul

Paul,

Has anyone at LD acknowledged what you've been put through to date?

Tom

Not really, no.

The Service Manager (Ken) had a 2-minute chat with us in the corridor and suggested we contact his assistant with any future concerns.

Does that count ?

Paul

Paul,

When folks in the UK complained about squeaky brakes, we used to tell them to squirt oil on the rotors or drums and things would be much quieter  ;D

Don't try this on your rig folks!

[td]The squeaky brakes could be dust but if it were me I'd have them looked out.  Just add them to the list they have yet to complete.  Since it is a safety item I would think LD would make sure they got them checked out.[/td]

Paul,

New brakes, especially semi- metallic, may require 'bedding in' before the squeaking stops and the brakes function at their best. It's a simple matter of driving at about 40 mph, then steadily and firmly applying the brakes. Helps to keep your foot on the gas while doing so. Repeat several times, allowing a minute or two between brake application for the rotors/drums to cool down.

Thanks Karl

Given that it was driven 1100 miles from the factory, should the problem still be there - how long 'should' it take for them to settle-in.

Paul

PS I did leave a note in our 'service guys' office yesterday, so hopefully he will be on it first thing.

Paul,

With just normal stopping, it will take a long time to bed them in properly - just how long I can't say, but perhaps it's worth 15-20 minutes to see if that's the problem. You're not going to hurt anything, and if heavy braking is going to cause a failure of some sort, it's better to find that out under controlled circumstances; not when you're coming down a 6% grade! Wouldn't you agree?

Good Morning All, and a Happy Presidents Day to all. 
Paul, I'll try to see you before you leave, but today is full, so if I miss you, it was nice meeting you and your wife. 

To those that will not come here?  Sorry you feel that way, just be assured that because Paul went through a number if items does not mean everyone does. 

Will you have an issue free walk through?  I don't know, but that is why every dealer has a walk through.  Usually any items can be cleared within the next day, and that is why we have the customer stay here overnight.  Do other dealers do that?  Precious few. 

Can you compare an RV delivery to a car delivery?  That is tough, not many cars have roof vents, or microwaves or leveling systems etc.  Pretty complex unit the RV.

Kevin.  You come here?  Ask for me.  Ken Ware is a great salesman and takes wonderful care of his customers, but so do I, and I am here, open, and would be an easy target.  You have a problem, tell it here to my friends, I have been on the forum for many years, have met a number of the folks in person.  I'll even offer to have Ken Ware involved, we can split.  You would have not only Ken, but me.  We take wonderful care of our customers, no other dealer can offer you this opportunity. 

Bill Whetstone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom